September 2012 Moms

This is beyond weird

So yeah, obviously a BFing proponent over here, and I can get feeling sad about weaning. But this kid is nearly 5, and this is one strange article the way it's written.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This is beyond weird

• Yeah, the way it's written makes her seem a little... unbalanced.
  • Weird

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't get on board with breastfeeding a 5 year old.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Weird
    Glad I'm not alone in this.

• That's past my attention span for bfing. I think it was written purposefully. While odd to mean, maybe it helped her to let go of the process.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm in the boat if they can verbally ask for it it's a bit too long for me. That's my personal opinion. So strange how it was written.

• Meh, I see it more as a poem or tribute to something that was meaningful to her. 

I don't understand why people care so much about others' actions. Extended breast feeding isn't for everyone. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone. Co sleeping isn't for everyone. 

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• The article is weird, but whatever. If it helps her cope, go for it. I was confused over the article use (she in reference to Logan) until I realized her daughter was named Logan. I dislike that more than the article. ha

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Meh, I see it more as a poem or tribute to something that was meaningful to her. 

I don't understand why people care so much about others' actions. Extended breast feeding isn't for everyone. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone. Co sleeping isn't for everyone. 
    Weird writing just annoys me, and I just can't get past BFing being an act, not a person.

• The article is weird, but whatever. If it helps her cope, go for it. I was confused over the article use (she in reference to Logan) until I realized her daughter was named Logan. I dislike that more than the article. ha
    I was confused about that at first too! That's one name I hadn't before heard on a girl.

I'm in the boat if they can verbally ask for it it's a bit too long for me. That's my personal opinion. So strange how it was written.
    Once your kid can ask for cookies you should probably stop giving those to him too then ;)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • dimples12 said:
    Extended breastfeeding always makes me think of the movie Grown-ups. Every.time.
    I never saw that

Once your kid can ask for cookies you should probably stop giving those to him too then ;)
    Yeah, I don't really think it's an "if she can ask for it thing." DD, in her own non-verbal way, could ask to nurse before she turned 1. But I do think you reach a point after 2-3 where what the child is getting from BM is negligible bc of age/diet/etc.

• Mom, I can only taste the brown stuff. Ummm... /:)

• danabsd said:
    Mom, I can only taste the brown stuff. Ummm... /:)
    LMAO.

I'm pretty sure a cookie is different than a breast. Extended BFing is not for me like I said (I commend those that are still BFing out of this group) but 5 years old is like way extended BFing. If she can walk up to her mom and say "I want milk" too old for sure. Besides at 5 I'd think some nutritional value is being lost. At that point to me it's more about the mom than the child.

• @hyaline Nailed it!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Sex is my BFF in the whole world.

Potato farming is my BFF in the whole world.

Yup, weird.

When a kid can pour his own milk, it's time to cut him off from the tap.

LOL

• Awkward.

And holy tl;dr

• @hyaline Nailed it!
    Always.

• I don't really care what other people do, but I could never personally get behind breastfeeding until 4-5 years old. I have actual memories from that age range and I know that being breastfed isn't exactly something I would want floating around active in my memory banks. Call it oversexualizing breasts or whatever you like, but I wouldn't walk around naked in front of my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brother or anyone else who changed my diaper when I was a baby either. 

The writing really is incredibly odd though for reasons PP have already mentioned. Especially when "Breastfeeding" started talking back. Seriously, WHAT? 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"