December 2013 Moms
Options

Dr Brown's formula pitcher

Anyone have this? If so, do you like it? We are Thinking about getting one but then we would need a bottle warmer since LO will not take a cold bottle.
Pregnancy Ticker image image

Re: Dr Brown's formula pitcher

• Options
    I have it, but since the whole point is to make it in there and then put it into bottles right away I've never used it. I wanted it bc I thought I could make it, leave it in there and fill bottles as I went. :(
    Sad Panda.
  • Options
    @KateMW...why cant you leave it in the pitcher and fill as you go?!?? Thats what ive been doing...

Anyway...i LOVE it! So much more convenient and easier on babys tummy since it gets to settle. Also...i microwave his bottles...microwaving is ok if its not breastmilk yes?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess you could? But it says on the directions to fill the bottles, so I was worried that since the top is not really sealed well like a bottle that flavors and smells from the fridge would get in there.
  • Options
    Oh ok...shame on me for not reading the directions lol. Anyway, i havent had any problems with fridge smells, etc. Ill probably continue doing what ive been doing since its so much easier :)
  • Options
    We left it in the pitcher in the fridge sometimes but usually poured it into bottles right away. I liked the way it mixed. Less bubbles and rogue unmixed powder than when mixing right in the bottle.
  • Options
    lba0614 said:
    Oh ok...shame on me for not reading the directions lol. Anyway, i havent had any problems with fridge smells, etc. Ill probably continue doing what ive been doing since its so much easier :)

I'm glad to hear it works! It's been sitting in the box since I read the directions. I'll try it out now.
  • Options
    I love my two. I make a pitcher for each kid and leave in fridge until I need to make a bottle. Mine has a lock so that it's sealed.

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• Options
    lba0614 said:

@KateMW...why cant you leave it in the pitcher and fill as you go?!?? Thats what ive been doing...

Anyway...i LOVE it! So much more convenient and easier on babys tummy since it gets to settle. Also...i microwave his bottles...microwaving is ok if its not breastmilk yes?

No, no, no!!! You are never supposed to microwave anything! Formula can have pockets/ clumps that can get too hot and burn LOs mouth! Always heat with hot water or a bottle warmer.
  • Options
    Boo... Not sure if I want to get the pitcher if you have to fill bottles right away. I cSn agree with the stink too. Smells like swamp water...
  • Options
    We love our formula pitcher! It makes the whole process so much easier.

We fill bottles away but there is usually leftovers that we store in the pitcher.

To heat the formula, we keep a bowl of water in the microwave, microwave the water for 1 minute, and then sit the bottle of formula in the bowl of hot water for about 3 minutes.
  • Options
    Eggerkr said:

lba0614 said:

No, no, no!!! You are never supposed to microwave anything! Formula can have pockets/ clumps that can get too hot and burn LOs mouth! Always heat with hot water or a bottle warmer.
    Hmm i didnt realize that...i had heard as long as it was formula and not BM it was fine. We also dont warm it very warm though...just right above room temp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"