February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else eating like a cavewoman pp?

Ever since I gave birth, I feel like I've been eating nonstop. I'm eating more than I did while pregnant. Am I the only one? I don't remember feeling like I was starving after DD...the only thing I can think of is that DD was supplemented while DS is EBF, so maybe my body is forcing me to eat more because of the extra breast feeding.

Or I'm just a fatass.

Re: Anyone else eating like a cavewoman pp?

• Options
    <---- Fat ass here too.

I've been keeping it mostly healthy at least, but my portion sizes are huge.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually still have zero appetite. It's not good. I don't even feel like eating junk food. My boyfriend actually has to remind me to eat.

Maybe it's a leftover thing from late pregnancy, when it had no room left in my body for food?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I'm the same way! Too bad it's also Girl Scout cookie time :/ (fatty)
    February Moms August Siggy Challege- Cats in Space- M-M-M-M-Meowwww

• Options
    Definitely ravenous over here. Much more so than when pregnant. It's the breastfeeding-I think it burns something like 500 calories a day so it is very normal to have a big appetite right now
  • Options
    I would probably have more junk if it was in the house. I have been eating bacon with breakfast every morning though :)
  • Options
    Yup, eating tons over here too. Definitely the breastfeeding. I'm also drinking a ton more of water too. When I was pregnant, I felt like I had to force the water down. Now, I can't get enough water. I have to have snacks by my bed for all the late night feedings too!
  • Options
    ME TOO. And my cravings are more intense PP than when I was pregnant! When I first got home from the hospital I was craving nothing but bananas. I would literally eat like 4 a day and had to force myself to eat anything else. 

So strange.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    No appetite during nursing but inbetween! Watch out :) it's amazing to not actually be nauseous after 2 bites off food :)
  • Options
    I'm hungry like a cavewoman, but between LO having feeding issues and wailing if I put him down for a sec, I never have time or two hands to make food - lunch was a handful of almonds and a torn off hunk of cheese today.
    I can play on The Bump with my cell phone though, since that doesn't involve two hands, lol
  • Options
    I forgot how hungry BFing makes me. I feel like I have food in my mouth ALL DAY LONG. I'm starving all the time. Drives me nuts!

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

• Options
    I finished a whole pack of peanut butter Oreos in two days. No shame.
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

• Options
    Same here, I blame breast feeding too. I wasn't eating lots the last couple weeks of pregnancy because of heart burn & indigestion. I'm making up for it now, along with drinking lots of water. I'm eating healthy for the most part, but have such a huge sweet tooth. I didn't have GD during pregnancy. Valentine's candy (now on sale), Girl Scout cookies and Marie Callendar's February pie sale are making it too easy for me to eat lots of sweets this month. Telling myself that I'll be better in March.
  • Options
    I am CONSTANTLY eating, and not overly healthy things either. I forgot how hungry the early stages of breastfeeding make me.
    I want all the carbs in my house, noooow. However I'm eyeing up my prepregnancy pants and would really like to wear them soon, so I'm not going to eat another bagel or (more) cookies today. :(
  • Options
    slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited February 2014
    Me too

• Options
    I'm constantly hungry too, but nothing is appealing to me. I don't want to eat anything, even the things I usually crave. It's so sad. I just open the fridge and sigh.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One of these days I ate dinner three times!! I just couldn't get full. It's crazy because I can not eat all day and then late afternoon it just hits me after not being hungry at all! I've just been starving.
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• Options
    I started out not ever hungry in the first week or so PP. Since then, my appetite has gone crazy! I'm trying to at least eat healthy things... But it's hard to eat much more than poptarts/rice krispy bars when baby is needing attention!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    Guise...DH made brownies tonight. I ate half the pan.
  • Options
    You know that expression "shovel it in?"

For about 10 days PP I got a really good sense of what that actually meant. I could tell I was really eating for fuel not taste. Shoveling in almost anything.

It evened out by week 2 and now I'd say I'm just regular hungry.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"