Cloth Diapering

NCDR Fussing in the MOTN

So...baby is almost 3 months old.  We put him to bed in his crib and he'll sleep for 3 or 5 hours and then start all this fussing and grunting.  Usually I put him in his swing then and he will sleep at total or 10 hours or so, so I know he's not hungry and when I change him he has never pooped.  He's also not completely awake, but he's very noisy and keeps me up!  We already swaddle and use white noise, I have tried giving him his paci and/or rocking him and laying him back down but he'll be up again in 15 minutes.  I have accepted the fact that he might just have to sleep in the swing for a few weeks until he grows out of it, but now he is starting to fuss even in the swing.  Do you have any sleep secrets I am missing?  I'm afraid he is too young yet for CIO, but he's still asleep too.  TIA

And to throw in something CD related, was anyone else disappointed with the color of their BG Hummingbird?  It's not as vibrant as I expected.

Re: NCDR Fussing in the MOTN

• What? I <3 my hummingbird!

I feel like I don't understand the problem. You are getting 10 hours of sleep out of your 3 month old. That's amazing. And yes, that's much too using for CIO. But it doesn't sound like he's crying.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    What? I <3 my hummingbird! I feel like I don't understand the problem. You are getting 10 hours of sleep out of your 3 month old. That's amazing. And yes, that's much too using for CIO. But it doesn't sound like he's crying.
    This. DD didn't sleep that long until 18ish months. At 3 months 10hours is phenemonal.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO was super noisy but has grown out if it. If he's not awake and not crying, id let him be. Hopefully it will pass soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shan417shan417 member
    edited February 2014
    TJ1979 said:
    What? I <3 my hummingbird! I feel like I don't understand the problem. You are getting 10 hours of sleep out of your 3 month old. That's amazing. And yes, that's much too using for CIO. But it doesn't sound like he's crying.
    Oh, yes, I'm so grateful for the long sleeping!  I guess I'm just not sure if he's still sleeping and grunting/fussing if I should be reacting or just let him cry like that if he's still asleep and not all out crying?  Sounds like I should just let him go?

I like my Hummingbird, I'm just not as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be.  I thought it would have a little more of the blue undertone, but it's the same color as one of my RaR.

@bookitup He spits up a lot, but he's huge so I think that means he doesn't have any reflux problems.  Can it be gas hours after he's eaten?  I think it's a sleep cycle thing from the sounds of it.

I hate listening to him cry!  :(  Just wanted to make sure I tried all my other options if something would help him sleep more soundly rather than let him fuss.  I'd even rather feed him once or twice than listen to him fuss but everyone seems to think it's best not to start feedings if he will sleep without them.  I'd like to get an RnP to have him by me but I realize we probably wouldn't be using it for much longer.

• If I ever get a badge, I'm going to be the girl that always writes way too much and still can't communicate what she's trying to say.
  • If he's crying go to him. He's too young for CIO. But kinda sounds like he's just being noisy.

The real problem is the CD. You need a disposable.
  • I agree that babies can be quite noisy at night. If he's going beyond just being noisy and grunting into crying, even in the swing, I would start to wonder if he's hungry. DS couldn't go through the night without eating until he was closer to 8 months old.

• Sometimes he's hungry, but from everyone's advice it sounds like he's just noisy.  Maybe he is gassy, because he sounds uncomfortable more than just like he is going through a period of lighter sleep.  Seems like everyone agrees I should let him alone as long as he's not really crying?  Thank you for your help!
  • You can elevate the crib a little. Maybe that would help?

DS is a chunk but still has reflux. Some babies actually eat more because milk is an antacid. But them more liquids make the problem worse.

If he's crying go to him, you can sleep nurse too where he doesn't have to completely wake up. I love Doing that because it keeps fussiness at bay.

If he's just noisy I agree with pp, just let him be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"