Two Under 2
Options

Hospital Gift

Did anyone give their older child a gift when they came to meet their sibling in the hospital? If so, what?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hospital Gift

• Options
    DD got the book and rubber duck the hospital had given us in a package of gifts for DS. She was only 13 months and DS was 3 weeks early, so we aren't prepared. It worked fine. :)
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I forget if we gave it to her at the hospital or when we came home but I got DD a new toy- one of those puppies you pull around on a string. It was a toy I knew she liked to play with at daycare. at the hospital she was very excited to play with the balloons, and open the baby's gifts for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't give DD a present at the hospital but waited till we got home with the baby.  Then we got her a little tikes rocking horse.  

Honestly, she was only at the hospital about 45 mins and she cried half of it.  She did not like it there.  She was 19.5 mos.
  • Options
    LOL no, I didn't do anything.  Maybe I will this time, I don't know.  Doubt it though.  Their gift is that they get a new sibling. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    We didn't get DS anything when DD#1 was born.  He was only 15 months old, so he didn't really understand or care anyway.  When DD#2 was born, we did get DS and DD each a gift "from" the new baby.  DD was obsessed with Doc McStuffins, so she got a Lambie stuffed animal, and DS was really into Thomas the train, so he got a Percy stuffed animal.  DS was 3yrs 9 months, and DD was 2.5 when DD#2 was born though (and she was born in early December so those gifts were going to have been Christmas gifts anyway ;) ).  They both still talk about how DD#2 gave them gifts when they came to see us in the hospital.  I would say if the older one is going to be under 18 months, she won't understand anyway.  18-24 months, you could consider it!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD#1 got a baby doll at the hospital from DD#2. DD#1 & DD#2 got doll ring sling carriers from DD#3 also at the hospital. The new toy at the hospital seems to help with the anxieties of the unknown there.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    We didn't, but my DD was 6 years old when DS was born, and she was so super excited, it wouldn't have mattered. She just wanted to hold him. :).

This time, DS is too young to really understand, and DD just wants a sister, lol.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"