Trouble TTC
Options

Injections So Expensive!!!!!

Ok haven't posted in a while b/c I had to sit out a cycle due to cysts. Well The cyst are gone!!!!! Yae!!! And My oncologist ok'd me to take Follistim injections. So I get ready to get the prescription and for 2 units are almost $700.00 Really!! I had no idea b/c my insurance doesn't cover it. Luckily I do get most of my prescriptions through a specialty Pharmacy. After much conversations with insurance primary and secondary neither of which would pay anything my doctor agreed to let me take Letrozole C3-C7 then 3 days of injections after that. $400.00 later that was still alot of money but we managed it. I just didn't want to waste a cycle. 10 follicles on the left 12 on right and cyst are gone so I'm very hopefull this month and I will be doing a IUI for added measure. Fingers crossed. Has anyone ever doe this combination thing before with the meds n injections?

Me: 31 (2X Breast Cancer Survivor)

DX: PCOS, Thin Uterine Lining

DH: 38 Perfectly Fine

Married: Since 08/2012

TTC: Since 10/2012

We have tried several cycles of Letrozole, 

No Clomid and very limited to what I can take due to health history.

Still Tryng...

Re: Injections So Expensive!!!!!

• Options
    Von112Von112 member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks @Rumbera28

Still Tryng...

• Options
    I'm glad your cyst us gone, that gad to be a huge relief and you have great follie numbers already. Yeeeppp meds are expensive as crap. For my IVF I was quoted $4500 for meds alone before insurance. The key is shopping around at different pharmacies and seeing what discounts maybe available. Best of luck on your cycle.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Von112 -- I hear ya girl!!  I'll be starting injects after my break, and my insurance doesn't cover them either.

Have you heard about the discount programs!?  I applied to both and was accepted for 50% off!!  Some people also buy theirs from Freedom Fertility.  (they don't have follistim, but maybe he would be ok with Gonal-F?)

Here is a link to info about the discount programs -- https://www.mainlinefertility.com/financial-information/reduced-drug-program/

Good luck this cycle!!  Hopefully you won't have to worry about the cost after this!

ME - 31, DH - 40

Married 06/25/2011, TTC since 03/2012

BFP #1 on 11/13/12 -- EDD 7/24/13 -- M/C (CP) on 11/21/12

BFP #2 on  7/21/13 -- EDD 3/29/14 -- M/C (CP) on 7/31/13

09/4/13 - 4/16/14 -- IUI #1 - 6 = BFNs :(

7/13/14 -- IVF #1 w/ ICSI

ER on 7/26/14 -- 20 R, 15 M, 11 F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4bb); 8 frosties!!!

BFP #3 on 8/8/14 -- EDD 04/18/15

BETA #1:  473,  BETA #2: 1009, BETA #3: 1975

** It's a BOY!!! **

image    image 

• Options
    Good luck!

• Options
    @jszy10 hey yes at the Specialty Pharmacy I go to they just told me about a similiar program and I am in the process of filling those papers out now. I ope all goes well this cyle too. Thanks for all your support wishing it all back to you guys  :-*

Still Tryng...

• Options
    I will be doing the exact thing this cyr! So glad to see their are options for discounts as we are OOP as well. Please keep us posted! Thanks to all. GL
  • Options
    @MAnn620 wow that's crazy I will update you guys and You do the same. Goodluck!!!!!

Still Tryng...

• Options
    @calindi I just did my last 2 pill of Letrozole today and started 100 units of Follistim today as well. I go in this Friday to have an ultrasound. Crossing my fingers for everyone as well! 

Still Tryng...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"