November 2013 Moms

Diarreah = Virus!?

LO has had diarrhea for almost a week now and today he had fever of 100.2 I called the ped and they suggested we bring him in. All we can do is keep an eye on him since doc Suspects it's viral. I'm struggling to keep him happy, I can tell he feels like crap :( he will be 15 weeks this Thursday. He's been eating like crazy! Any recommendations on comforting or helping LO fight this bug off?

Re: Diarreah = Virus!?

• Could it be teething?  Is he drooling a lot?  Both the symptoms could be so many things. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aw man!! Hope your LO feels better soon, unfortunately I have no advice other than what everyone else has said! GL

• Loading the player...
  • Are you bfing?

Yup only bfing... Which is the only recommendation I got from pedi... To keep doing it- umm duh.

• Could it be teething?  Is he drooling a lot?  Both the symptoms could be so many things. 

Not drooling to the point of putting a bib on him but that day is coming soon. He does a lot of spit bubbles
  • LizB8943 said:

No advice, but just wanted to say I hope your LO is on the mend soon! It must be awful for him, and you having to watch him be sick and uncomfortable :( If he's eating well, that's hopefully helping prevent dehydration, which is a good thing.

Our pedi told me about his son, who came down with RV (rotavirus) as an infant just a couple years before the vaccine came into existence. He said they just kept the baby wrapped in beach towels because diapers were futile, and they were using every towel they had each day because the diarrhea was so bad. I know it's usually vaccinated against at 2 months, so if your LO had the vaccine, hopefully it's not RV. 
    He had the oral vaccine for that at his two month. Man I cant imagine using towels all the time. My LO definetly busts out of a diaper and two layers because it's pure liquid and got some g force behind it but that only happened once. I thought he had leaked pee onto the carpet but nope it was liquid poo. I have to work on waiting to change his diaper when he goes. I think every time this past few times I've been in the middle of changing him and it erupts. Yesterday it was seconds after taking his temp. I should have known better

• :(. Sorry about your poor LO. My LO had 3 weeks of diarrhea and i was told twice he wS just fiting a virus, finally my dr suggested cutting out dairy just in case, I did (only obvious dairy) and within 4 days his diarrhea went away and so did his gas pains and the frequency of poop reduced right away. Just putting it out there in case , but with the fever it def could be a virus
  • Does obvious dairy include yogurt and cheese? Ugh stupid question
  • Does obvious dairy include yogurt and cheese? Ugh stupid question

yeah unfortunately. I don't worry about things like bread or chip flavorings (cant think of another example) but I cut butter, yogurt, milk, cheese, icecream. I use margarine, almond milk, and started snacking on things like hummus, guac, and boiled eggs instead of cheese and cream cheese or sour cream dips.
  • I'll give it a shot. Thanks littlemama!
  • I'll give it a shot. Thanks littlemama!

. GL, it sucks at first but gets better!! I miss cheese the most.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"