Success after IF

what happened to my great sleepers?

hi SAIF ladies - i hope you're all doing well. we've had a rough go in January and February! at the end of Jan, we all came down with a horrible stomach bug that ran through our house like the plague. then a couple weeks later DH and i came down with a flu, and the kids just got over it about two weeks ago. so there have been a lot of nights where we've been up with them or they've come into bed with us, but rightfully so when they are not feeling well.

well, now it's been a couple weeks and they're doing well health wise. however what hasn't returned to normal is their sleeping habits. they sleep in separate rooms right now, and used to be 7pm-6am (give or take a half hour in the morning). for the most part (6 nights out of 7) they were STTN, with the occasional wake up which was no biggie. now they are waking up each once or twice a night, but every single night, and really flipping out for long periods of time. dh and i have stopped the rocking in the middle of the night and just tell them in a nice, firm voice that it's time to go back to sleep. but then the other one inevitably wakes up and screams in the other room, waking the other twin up again. it sucks. i don't want to seem like i'm complaining, but being pregnant and working full time - i'm exhausted at like 8pm and need some good shuteye. last night i was awake from 11pm-2:30am and i'm like a zombie this morning. plus the kids are total crankpots. ugh. any ideas? i let them CIO last night, but i'm starting to think it's time to just put them in the same room and let them be miserable together haha.

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: what happened to my great sleepers?

• It is so hard to tell.  My DD#2 goes through rough patches too, and it is usually teething related - could they be getting teeth?  When we have a rough night, the following night we will give her ibuprofen before bed and often that will help - if it doesn't we bring her into bed with us.  Not ideal, but at least we all get to go back to sleep!  The other thing I have discovered lately is that sometimes she is thirsty in the middle of the night.  There have been times that I gave her a sippy cup of water when she was yelling and she stopped to drink her water then went back to sleep.  Now I leave her sippy in the crib with her.  

Do they have sound machines?  If not that might be something to look into so they don't wake each other up.  All that being said, we usually end up letting DD#2 cry after giving her the ibuprofen.  And it is loud, but usually only lasts a few minutes before she conks back out because she is so tired!  And she shares a room with her sister - DD#1 rarely wakes up with the crying, but since we don't want to risk it, we will often bring her into our room and put her in a pnp - and that is where she does the crying.  

Good luck!  I have found that once you complain about something being an issue then come up with a solution, it probably won't happen again...I hope that is the case for you tonight!  You need some sleep!!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would just think it's from being sick and when they get sick their schedules are off. Just taking them a while to get back into that routine. HAng in there I wouldn't change what your doing and eventually it'll get back to normal. I am a CIO fan if I know they are not sick, full bellies etc. But again I've never had a baby cry more then 5 mintues so that would probably make a difference. I hope you get some shut eye soon!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Gosh, that sounds awful!  I can deal with a couple of nights of this, but not couple of weeks of MOTN wakeups.  Could they be teething?  M has been sick on/off for the past month, but it was way worse when he was teething on top of being sick.  He literally would scream his head off.  M also gets bad separation anxiety when he's not feeling well (plus he just reached the walking milestone).  We didn't want to bring M into our bed, so there were several nights DH or myself ended up sleeping on the couch in his room.  He always calms down when he sees us, but screams the second we leave his room.

If you think there's a chance they could be teething, try giving a dose of infant Advil at bedtime and see if it makes any difference.

Hope you get your good sleepers back!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with @mcgeeva. Hang in there. But also, make a decision am be consistent. If you're going to CIO, then CIO every night. Otherwise they don't know what to expect.
    GL. I know this is a really difficult time. Sleep issues are hard enough, but especially tough when pg and exhausted.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I'm really sorry. Twin wake ups are exceptionally hard to function through. It's a crazy balance of trying to soothe one so the other doesn't wake, yet trying to get them to sleep. Our boys recently had a bout of molars/colds and it took them a couple weeks to work out their issues. We never sleep trained, so I don't have any tips. We just rode it out and it resolved on its own. It was still a rough go and I'm so sorry you are dealing with it. Hope things improve soon!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Thanks so much for the advice! We put then in the same room tonight. Minimal fussing but we will see what happens during the night. Thanks again so nice to have a place just to vent and get some feedback.
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • We are going through a rough sleep time right now. Normally we let her CIO but she cried for over an hour last night. I knew her bottom lateral incisors are coming in but I felt around in there this morning just to check and I found three of her molars had popped through! Poor baby has 5 teeth coming in at once. We gave her ibuprofen tonight and are hoping for a good night sleep. I hope you get one too!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"