2nd Trimester

I love my toddler

I started pulling out the bottles today to get them ready for the new babies. DD picked some up and said, "Bottles for the babies in Mommy's belly.". Then she tried to feed them by holding one of the bottles up to my belly.

Re: I love my toddler

• That's really cute! We still haven't told our 2 year old yet, but when we pulled out the bottles he said he wanted to drink out of them again! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Super cute! Our DS is obsessed with Toy Story so I've started talking to him about how Andy has a little sister.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD turned 3 just after we found out we were expecting. We told her early on and are trying to prepare her for the changes. Lots of big sister and new baby books and we talk about what babies can and can't do (and eat! More friends of ours have told us about turning their backs for a second and turning back to see the newborn with a goldfish cracker in his mouth... so we felt it's important to impress upon her that babies can only have milk. So now, of course, she gets confused when she sees an 8 month old eating puffs and baby food).

Since we're having twins, she's moving to a twin size bed and passing the crib/toddler bed on to one of the babies... the Berenstain Bears book talks about moving to a bigger bed, so we've read that a lot, and we're planning on transitioning her in a week or two so it isn't so directly connected to the babies. We've lounged around on her new bed a couple times already, because it's in our guest room now (which will become the babies' room). She says it's "comfy cozy" and "just my size.". Hopefully she'll continue to think that.
  • Very cute. DD did something very similar a few months ago. DD stuck one of her doll bottles in my belly button. When I asked her what she was doing she told me she was "feeding baby in mommy's belly." 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DS did the exact same thing...So cute!!!
  • Very cute.  My DS is just over 20 months and always says "muah" when he sees my bare belly.  He'll point to my belly, say "baby", and give it a kiss.  Melts my heart every time.   :-*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"