April 2013 Moms
Options

Tantrums

So when can we officially say they know what they are doing? LO has been "falling" out all week. And for the smallest things. This morning it was because I took his paci away to give him his bottle. Last night he fell out because I took the remote from him. But he is so sweet if i give him the item back. WTH is up with that he is 11 months

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Tantrums

• Options
    We have had this for awhile.  This morning she was a real pistol.  Tantrum because I took her pjs off, again when I put clothes on, then threw a fit when I wouldn't let her be at the door when I let the dog out...so I gave in...then I got another fit when I moved her away from the door to let the dog in.  I was ready to drop her at daycare today. :)

• Options
    I think it can start this early. Connor has been testing me for about a month though, but he knows what he is doing too because when I give him a stern look he smiles and hides his face.. that is immediately after he starts screaming when I take something away from him. 

Even now, I took away my headphones because he likes to chew them.. he screamed.. I said "Hey stop it" and he looked at me angry and yelled at me lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it can start this early. Connor has been testing me for about a month though, but he knows what he is doing too because when I give him a stern look he smiles and hides his face.. that is immediately after he starts screaming when I take something away from him. 

Even now, I took away my headphones because he likes to chew them.. he screamed.. I said "Hey stop it" and he looked at me angry and yelled at me lol

OMG this is Ethan all the way. He likes pushing the button on the Xbox and our cable box he only turns it off and when we tell him no he either smiles or ignores us and won't turn around. he runs aways when we start to come get him too.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Today when I told Warner "No no no" when he was playing with electrical wires (Darwin Award), he looked directly at me, grabbed them again and was like "Naw! Naw! Naw!" in what I think was complete mockery. Thankfully though we are not getting tantrums yet... just mischief well beyond his years
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    DD3 throws her head to the floor (sitting and throws herself forward) if we take an item away from her. In the high chair she throws her head backward if she's not getting what she wants. She's definitely throwing tantrums already.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    ClandestineXClandestineX member
    edited February 2014
    OMG this is Ethan all the way. He likes pushing the button on the Xbox and our cable box he only turns it off and when we tell him no he either smiles or ignores us and won't turn around. he runs aways when we start to come get him too.
    Haha, I don't know what is up with electronics, but it is like a moth to a flame. 

And @Skidderdo I can relate. 

-Something on the shelf, he tries to touch it. 
    "No Connor, don't touch"
    -he looks at me, slowly touching it.
    "Connor, stop. NO. Touch."
    -he gets this whiny tone to his voice and knocks it down off the shelf quickly

I hope this means terrible twos is easier? lol

• Options
    My DD has been like this for a while. Take anything away she throws a huge fit... even a fuzz ball. Whenever I put the dog dishes up she cries like it's the end of the world. She has also gotten to the point where when I say "no, no, no" she starts crying because she knows she has to stop or I will stop her soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited February 2014
    Sol1790 said:
    Jasmine throws herself backwards,gets angry,fake cries and her new thing is to put her two little fist together and shake while screaming and turning red. She has anger issues she needs to resolve. But in all seriousness she is testing my patience lately. Too early for this!
    Zara does this as well. I know she knows what she's doing because she only throws herself backwards when she's on the bed or on something soft - she won't do it when she's on the floor lol

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    G doesn't throw tantrums but is devilish!  We bought a cover for our hearth.  Not two minutes after I installed she was biting through it.  Every time I told her no or pulled her away she would laugh and go right back at it.  If I ignore her...she stops doing it immediately...little lady just wants a reaction out of me!!!  The other thing she will do is grab my hair...then pull me in close and bit me...she knows I can't get away b/c she has ahold of my hair.  I'm in trouble...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No tantrums but definite meltdowns lately, particularly if I set him down and walk away to, you know, go to the bathroom or something.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

We're also not having full on tantrums, but small ones for sure. She's arching her back - which drives me NUTS but she does it over stupid things like diaper changes and bath time, and getting dressed. She's been in a very "off" phase this week, I really hope it's a tooth - otherwise I've got some bigger issues going on with her :/

THankfully she doesn't get upset when we take things away - but I"m a big believer in taking it a way and replacing it with something else right away.... Perhaps not the best approach.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    JSS1002 said:
    No tantrums but definite meltdowns lately, particularly if I set him down and walk away to, you know, go to the bathroom or something.  

Dear lord, here too. It is crazy making. I cannot carry this giant baby around all day. Or into the bathroom. I hope this passes soon.
  • Options
    We're in tantrum territory, too. Mainly if I dare to set him down (the nerve) or try to get him into the car seat or try to wash his hands/face.Or if the wind is blowing from the west. Or if it's too sunny out. You get the picture.
  • Options
    @tuckleup and @JSS1002 - I take my LO in the bathroom with me. I sit her down on the floor and it usually keeps things in check. She's not really mobile yet so that could change things, but for now it's a huge help and makes life much easier.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    JBDamonM said:
    @tuckleup and @JSS1002 - I take my LO in the bathroom with me. I sit her down on the floor and it usually keeps things in check. She's not really mobile yet so that could change things, but for now it's a huge help and makes life much easier.
    James isn't mobile either.  Well, he gets around but not traditional crawling, he's still figuring that out. But bringing him in the bathroom with me is where I draw the line. Nobody ever died from crying for five minutes. ;-)  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JBDamonM said:

My kid can pull stuff off the dining room table and he's working on figuring out how to turn a door knob. He's into everything! He's very mobile. If I took him into the bathroom, he'd likely be swinging from the shower curtain before I got my pants down ;)
  • Options
    JBDamonM said:
    I do this too.  She crawls around or sometimes just sits and stares at me.  Its a real good time if the dog follows us in there too.
    :D

• Options
    danuli8danuli8 member
    edited February 2014
    JSS1002 said:
    This is us. He is spending a lot of time in the Ergo in a hip hold. Edited to clarify: But not while I go to the bathroom, obviously!!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"