Pre-School and Daycare
Options

has anyone converted their crib to a bed?

We said bye bye to the crib this weekend (i had a moment and some tears) and converted the crib to a full size bed. It looks amazing. We're so happy with the longevity of this furniture. My question is what did you do with the "pieces" of furniture no longer needed? The actual crib bottom with the springs (so metal and wood) and the side panels of the crib (wood)  that have now been replaced by the long bed rails. DH wants to keep (not sure why, we are DONE) but I think it's because we don't know how to dispose of this stuff. Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: has anyone converted their crib to a bed?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I've kept it thus far. I am thinking that I may sell it/donate it after DS is out of the toddler bed and want to have everything if that is the case.

To explain, ours converts from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a full bed. I don't know if I want to use it as a full bed since it is showing a lot of wear from two kids already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I should do with ours, we bought DS a new twin size bed, and now the crib is taken apart and down in the basement.. I'll try to put it together and try it out on the spare bedroom bed
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    groovygrlgroovygrl member
    edited February 2014
    I am assuming you mean your crib converted to a full sized bed, not a toddler bed- ours did as well & we tossed the extra parts, there was nothing I could think of that anyone could do w/ the spring and 2 side pieces. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"