Trouble TTC

Genetic testing

So af has just started. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

But I'm supposed to get all my baseline bloods done on cd 2 and along with that, the full panel for genetic testing. For some reason I am really nervous. Just looking for support so I can muster up the enough courage to go get it done. I'm really thinking on just quietly letting the days slip by and not going. But it's not a big deal, right? It's just one more thing on the list to check off. Gah! I just wish I wasn't struggling with it.

Re: Genetic testing

• Thanks ladies. Your advice is spot-on. I know I just need to put on some big girl panties and get it over with.
    @calindi I'm not sure what Fragile X is, my re hasn't really discussed what any positive results will mean (which is likely why I am so frickin nervous!) but I'm glad you don't have it.
    And I'm not sure what Counsyl is either!! Maybe I'm showing my green-ness?
  • @calindi Wow! Really glad you were able to put your mind at ease with that issue.
    Thanks for the heads up but I'm in Canada, so all of our testing is covered at no cost. But our provincial health care doesn't cover any iui or ivf. Nor does my private insurance (almost none in Canada will). And where I live there is no fertility clinic (there is only one Re in the entire province!) So if ivf is in our future, we are a 6 hour drive away! I also will not be covered for any prescriptions related to if.
    I'm thankful for what we do have though. And the clinic for ivf- the same one I'm going to for surgery- is one of the best in the country.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"