LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

Good morning folks!

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? Feel free to share the good and the bad. We are all here to support each other.

**Reminder - If you have a BFP to share, please create a separate thread to share with everyone. Thank you.**

QOTW: What is a food combination that you love, but might sound odd to others when you describe it?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options

I'm 3dpiui and just waiting till I can start testing.

I turned the OPK a couple days later than I usually do, but I was so happy to see that smiley face on Thursday.  I was nervous about the IUI, since my 2nd one was so terrible, but it went really, really well.  I only had a little bit of cramping, and DW and I were able to spend the 20 minute waiting period being close and enjoying each other's company.  It was almost romantic :)

Of course, now I'm feeling ridiculously optimistic about our chances this time. The timing was perfect, the IUI went perfectly, so it just seems right that this is our month.  I know I'm setting myself up for total devastation if I get a BFN next week, but I can't help myself.

QOTW: Salsa and greek yogurt. DW and I use it as a dip for chips, quesadillas, etc.  It sounds really weird, but the non-fat greek yogurt is actually a great healthy substitute for sour cream.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 5 dpiui. I ended up with three mature follicles. This was our first vial with our new donor. There were 100 million sperm after the thaw and all were moving wonderfully according to the nurse. This was probably one of my easier IUIs.

Now I just keep waiting. I'm not going to lie, I'm going a bit crazy. I am doing my best to stay busy, but it is on my mind 24/7. It is hard to think that at this point, fertilization either happened or didn't. If it did, then we just need some implantation. This process truly is a test on my patience and sanity. Saturday is the earliest I can test at home. While I would like to hold out, I know I don't have it in me to wait longer than that.

QOTW: I love cottage cheese with avocado, grape tomatoes and cucumbers. It sounds odd but is delicious!

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    Good morning!

I triggered last night at 10pm (our first round with femara and trigger) and we are going to be completing two at-home ICI's with DS. We will do one today and one tomorrow in order to have good timing. I started getting all of the signs of O that I usually get each cycle and I was worried I would O early (had the signs yesterday), but my temp was still low today, so we're good to go. It never ceases to amaze me how the body tells you that you are getting ready to ovulate. The same signs, every month. It's crazy! I'm thrilled that O is moved up almost an entire week compared to normal. We're hoping my follicle has grown even larger. It went from less than 9 to 16 in 3 days, so we're optimistic and even hoping we have a few more in there.  

I'm excited that we're trying something new this time and that makes me optimistic. I'm also going to be using the guided meditation and doing yoga while we wait for our blood draw. I'm also seeing my acupuncturist tomorrow shortly after our 2nd ICI so I'm sure that will help with the relaxation factor. 

My only concern is whether or not I should start the progesterone supplements immediately or if I should be waiting for my blood draw with the RE at 7dpo. I'm going to be calling them today to clarify. 

QOTW: Bread & butter pickles and sharp cheese with almonds on the side. Delicious! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    Today I am 7dpiui. I broke down and POAS this morning. I will probably continue everyday until AF arrives. I do know that its still early, and anything is possible. 

Our numbers this month were much higher than last month. Day 1 IUI, there were 30 mil swimmers and day 2 there were 11 mil. Last month we had 9 & 9.9 totals. 

• Options
    Hello! I ovulated for the first time after m/c on Thursday last week. So now we are just waiting for CD1 so we can start all over again. I am excited and scared and sad, and angry, and hopeful.

QOTD: so many things... I have a weird palate, I guess. I love string cheese and applesauce, blue cheese and barbecue, and cheese and jam on toast is my favorite breakfast (especially homemade raspberry jam!!). Also.... Ranch on pizza for special occasions.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84 - Sorry about your BFN. I am glad you were able to find some positive news with your insurance.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @sweetpea0307---FX for you!
    @kboydbowman---great news! So hopeful for you!
    @stacyLH24---it's so hard to get it out of you head! 100 million! That's amazing! Do you order from a bank?
    @goalieswife123---do you order from a bank?
    @crazyaunt84---I'm sorry about AF! I'm in the same boat, except like @rkbo I start testing wayyyyyy to early at 7dpiui!
    @doodah1013---stay hopeful, it will keep you going after that...I will stay hopeful for you! Are you trying again right away or waiting?

I know my body pretty well after watching my cycles for the last year...I'm 12dpiui and I know AF is coming....I just wanna scream WTF...I know it seems impatient...but this is definitely making me a nut! We are going for one more medicated IUI this time before We need to take a step back and reacess where we are emotionally and financially. We really want to move and have been holding off because of fertility costs...
    FX for all you lesbian mamas to be!
    QOTW-French fries and soft girl wake up my inner fat girl!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Options
    @HollynLeana - sorry that you're probably looking at a BFN. To answer your question, we order from NW Cryobank. Our numbers from our first donor were not nearly as good as our new one.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    StacyLH24 said:
    @HollynLeana - sorry that you're probably looking at a BFN. To answer your question, we order from NW Cryobank. Our numbers from our first donor were not nearly as good as our new one.

Thanks! We are switching to California, but 100 million sounds really amazing!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    @hollynlea We aren't going to take anymore time off after this cycle! We should be all set up for an IUI at the end of March.

Sorry to hear about your BFN. They are never easy to deal with... Calming vibes headed your way!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

I have a consult with my RE this afternoon since my last 3 IUIs failed.  I don't know what the next steps will be.  She said we'll either try Femara or injectables.

Not really sure what the advantage of switching meds would be since I respond well to Clomid

:-/

No lining issues or anything.  I always produced enough follicles.  I guess I need to trust the doctor knows what she's doing!  In any case, I have to sit this cycle out but I can start again at the end of March.  Ugh, I hate the waiting!

• Options
    Thanks @doodah13
    @wishiwaspreggo I would love to know what your RE said...I am going onto my 4th IUI and I haven't seen the dr yet but clomid has been good to me and I wonder if she is going to switch me up?she said I can only use clomid safely about 5 times without it being hyperstimulating...

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

• Options

@HollynLeana - I just did an AW post about that, actually :)

My doctor is switching me to a combo Femara/inject cycle.  Clomid gave me good follicles but my RE thinks it may be messing with the egg quality (something about it inhibiting estrogen).  Gonal-f by itself is too aggressive for the time being so I'm doing Femara CD 3-5 and then Follistim CD 6-8.  Then I go in for an u/s on CD 9 to see how things are going.

It looks like you already got pregnant on one cycle of Clomid (very sorry for your loss) so your RE may not switch you just yet.  I think we can have a maximum of 6 cycles on Clomid before we can't use it again.

Perhaps you can ask about Femara?  It's gentler than Clomid and from what I understand focuses more on quality than quantity.  Something to think about.

GL!  I hope you find out you're pregnant this cycle so you won't have to worry about it :)

• Options

Our trail cycle is going well. SO is sticking to her new diet and getting used to it. Our exercise is up and bonus is she got a positive OPK. She will be going for blood work to check her levels to confirm if she ovulated on her own. Our RE is considering doing a natural cycle. Part of me doesn’t want that, with her having PCOS doesn’t that mean there are cycles where she can ovulate and then cycles where she won’t. I would hate to waste the time and money on a cycle that might not work due to extra steps not being done from the start. But I will be bringing this up with the RE in the next couple of days. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If all goes well Her first IUI will be end of march and we will be on vacation for part of the TWW which sounds good to us its the last part of the wait so we will be busy and not go test crazy.

QOTW: What is a food combination that you love, but might sound odd to others when you describe it? I don’t really have strange food combos the only thing my SO really hates is that I like to eat cold food. If we have leftovers I can eat them without reheating and it just grosses her out lol

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    Hey all

I've been quiet lately as I've not much to report since TTC has been put on hold until my 10-week business trip is over. I'm currently in my 2nd week of said trip and super busy with work... which is the point. :)

That being said, I'm on CD50 of this cycle. Frustrating. I really thought that the surgery might have magically fixed some of my cycle issues, but apparently not. Of course, it could be the added stress that tax season inevitably brings. Still, I'm feeling a bit disillusioned by my body.

I've been lurking and doing my best to keep up with all that's happening. Hugs and positive thoughts to all!

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"