March 2013 Moms

STTN

kmornelas29kmornelas29 member
edited February 2014 in March 2013 Moms
My DD slept through the night 12 hours from 3 weeks to 6 months old.

Once she hit 6 months, she started waking randomly at night for feedings.

Now at 11 months, she sometimes wakes once, but other times will wake every 3 hours!

Just curious, how many LO are completely STTN, and how many are still waking? If so, how many times.

I feel like DD is hungry, because when I walk in to get her she gets super happy and starts doing the "milk" sign language sign I taught her. I don't feel right not giving it.

Background: she goes down at 9:30 and wakes at 9:30. She takes one 2 hour nap from 1:30 to 3:30. She eats 3 meals a day, one planned snack, and any other time she asks for it in between.
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: STTN

• My daughter has NEVER slept more than 5 hours at a time.  She wakes several times every night.  We sleep together, so all I do is stick my boob back in her mouth and she goes back to sleep (usually).  She'll be one next week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS sleeps through the night, our pedi had us increase his food since he wasn't sttn and that seemed to do the trick. Also a tiny bit of CIO. He use to always wake up at like 4am but after 2 nights of not going in there he sleeps from about 8-6:30 with 2 hour naps during the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have slept through the night 4 times. I think my girl is hungry at night too. Lately we fluctuate between 1-3 wakeups.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS has gone stretches of STTN and it has been wonderful. He was STTN from about 2 months until 6 months and then it all fell apart, except a successful 3 week stint about 2 months ago and the "once in a blue moon" night when he does it just for fun.

But, we're still waking up every 4 hours or so here most nights. *sigh*
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS started STTN at 6wk. Stopped from 5m-6m when we stayed with mil while we were moving. Went back to STTN. Stopped at 9.5mo when he learned to walk and crawl. Then there were molars coming in. Now I'm not sure, but he's waking once or twice at night. I'm wondering ifhe's trying to go to one nap during the day andif That 's screwing everything up.
  • DD has hardly ever STTN. She basically sleeps with a breast in her mouth half the night, and not just pacifying herself, she drinks a lot ON.

She eats 3 meals (about 1/3 cup of food) and 1-2 snacks (about 2 tblspns of food) pretty much every day as well as nursing 6-8 times a day so you might think that she could STTN, but no.

I'm not holding my breath but I hear most babies will self night wean 12-18 months. We'll see...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has been sleeping trough the night since he was 7 weeks. There were a handful of times he woke up in the middle of the night from teething. We gave him some meds and a 4oz bottle and he'd be out until the am.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • one wake up here usually at 4am.  he goes down at 7-730pm.  wakes for day at 6am.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"