December 2013 Moms

Lord help me

I go back to work Sunday and I've been trying to get LO to take a bottle for six weeks now with no luck. I've bought every flippin bottle possible. I have the mOmma bottle waiting for him when he wakes up, it's my last resort! Prayers please! Poor daddy is going to have a looooong 12 hours Sunday if not.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lord help me

• Loading the player...
  • I've also heard that breast fed babies respond better when someone other than mom offers the bottle. I'm glad he took it for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • B will take the bottle best when DH mimics exactly what I do -- skin-to-skin, putting the nipple of the bottle on her top lip and letting her discover it herself, etc. and make sure it's not a nipple issue -- like too fast flowing or something. We're still using preemie nips for B.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • I've also heard that breast fed babies respond better when someone other than mom offers the bottle. I'm glad he took it for you!

I was going to say the same. I have a friend who can't even be in the house if she wants her LO to take a bottle. Another has to at least leave the room and she'll still only take it from her husband.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

Ya my kid is the opposite. He's yet to take a single bottle from my DH. Lol. He even tried wearing my pajama top. With a lot of persuading he would take an oz or so from me but today was the best yet!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tried to bottle feed LO yesterday and she spit the milk out and wouldn't drink. I had to nurse her instead. Tricky little lady she is.
    DH has no problems at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"