June 2013 Moms
Options

Bed sharing

natalie115natalie115 member
edited February 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I'm just curious who else is still bed sharing.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

Bed sharing 163 votes

Yes, w/ no plans to stop soon
17% 29 votes
Yes, but trying to transition to crib
11% 19 votes
Nope
61% 100 votes
Special snowflake
9% 15 votes

Re: Bed sharing

• Options
    We Co sleep too, for the most part. He also sleeps in his bed at night sometimes. I am getting in the habit of after nursing him in bed with me, i put him back in his bed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  I didn't want to and the times I tried out of desperation, DD was having none of it.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    SS - I was bedsharing for awhile when we were going through a horrible wakeful period (between 3 & 6 months). Around 6 months we started transitioning him to his crib and he sleeps great in there now. I do miss the snuggles, but I don't miss the million wakeups!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    We did, but now Lily wants to be in her crib. She's super fidgety if not in there.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We bed share right now but my plan is to transition to his crib as soon as we move out. Every little movement of his wakes me up so even though he sleeps through the night I don't lol
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She only comes into our bed if she wakes up early and I want more sleep.

• Options
    We never bed shared.  In our situation, I feel like it would be horribly unsafe.  I am a fitful sleeper (kicking/thrashing, etc.), and my husband is a deep sleeper.  We are both overweight.  I must use multiple blankets to stay warm enough to sleep. Considering all of this, bedsharing would have been a recipe for disaster in our case, so when he slept in our room, he was always in his pack and play.  Back in December, we moved him to his own room, and he sleeps in his crib.
  • Options
    No way-
    Not that I'm against it but I would be terrified that I would roll on him or that he would manage to fall off the bed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did a lot more cosleeping when LO was more wakeful.  There was a period of time when it was basically full time cosleeping, but now he lets me put him back in the PnP most of the time.  Like PPs have said though, especially on weekends he comes into bed with us to allow everybody to get some extra sleep.  Though that seems to be working less and less these days to my great disappointment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    He is so crazy at night. He moves ALL over and he makes a lot of noises. So he has been in his own crib since about 7 weeks. If he was not so wild at night and if I trusted him not to crawl off the bed in the morning I would LOVE to bedshare even for just a few hours in the AM! I just can't do it safely with him now and I don't sleep if he is with us in bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are still co-sleeping but trying to get her at least part of the night back in her PnP in our room.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    We started bed sharing earlier this winter when it got so cold. (We don't have central heating.)  It has made it much easier to put him down at night, but I find I'm waking frequently to shush & rock him back to sleep.  He's never been a great sleeper; I think he has bad dreams or something. Don't know how much longer it will last, as he's beginning to roll & toss and turn in his sleep & our bed isn't that big.
  • Options
    He usually comes to our bed around his 4 am feeding. We will probably keep bed sharing til a year old then move him to his bed.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I guess I should answer my own question :)
    DS starts off in his crib. He goes to sleep around 7:30, wakes up at 8 (he cannot get past that half hour mark w/o waking up) then goes back down in his crib until somewhere between 9:45-10pm. Then when he wakes up we just bring him to bed so we can get some sleep since we both work. I have no idea how to help him get past the half hour mark w/o waking. He's too stubborn to let him CIO b/c he'll cry for 2+ hours and still not go back to sleep (we tried that once while checking on him every 5 min).

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options

She's generally in her crib these days but if she has an early wake up I drag her back to bed with me for the snuggles.

Same here! But him not her.

• Options
    L's wake up time is 5am so some mornings if I'm desperate or he's had a bad night I'll bring him into bed with us. The biggest wish of his baby heart is to crawl off the bed though so I'm basically just bringing him in so I can lay down while I watch him, I don't trust him enough to go to sleep. 
  • Options
    We bedshared in the beginning because it was the only way we could get any sleep! Then during the sleep regressions it saved my sanity! But then at 6 months we moved him to his own crib in his own room and now he will NEVER sleep with me again! He will just 'play' or try to crawl off the bed :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• Options
    araziza said:
    She only comes into our bed if she wakes up early and I want more sleep.
    This exactly.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    I also bed shared during the 4 month wakeful period. Honestly, I loved it. I knew I wouldn't roll over onto her and I slept so well because I knew she was safe. However, my husband HATED it and it started to really mess up my back and hips, which I'm still dealing with.
  • Options

DD is mostly in her crib, but she almost always stirs at 12:30 or 1:30. If she starts actually crying, I just go in and sleep in the guestroom with her. I used to bring her into bed with us when she was in the RnP, but DH didn't really care for bedsharing and the bed really wasn't big enough for the three of us plus the cat.

• Options
    We're still bed sharing with no immediate plans to stop.

• Options
    Yep, we're still loving it so no plans to stop yet, She sleeps 1 hour in her crib at night so we get a bit of alone time and then we snuggle all night :) we probably won't stop until she's around 2, but we'll see how that goes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I guess I should answer my own question :)
    DS starts off in his crib. He goes to sleep around 7:30, wakes up at 8 (he cannot get past that half hour mark w/o waking up) then goes back down in his crib until somewhere between 9:45-10pm. Then when he wakes up we just bring him to bed so we can get some sleep since we both work. I have no idea how to help him get past the half hour mark w/o waking. He's too stubborn to let him CIO b/c he'll cry for 2+ hours and still not go back to sleep (we tried that once while checking on him every 5 min).

I have the exact same problem with my lo! I wish I knew how to get him pat that wake up. He basically goes to bed at 7ish wakes up at 8, 10, 4, and up for the day at 8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"