January 2012 Moms

2 year check in!

hello ladies! it has been a while since anyone has posted....how are your LOs doing? what are some adorable things that you love at this stage? has your family grown since your last check-in?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 year check in!

• lp0lp0 member
    edited January 2014
    DS is doing great! He's a VERY active toddler and is so affectionate. He is very smart with using his hands and figuring things out (it's amazing the things he does sometimes). He is a bit delayed in his speech though. I spoke to the dr about it at his 2 year check up but he wasn't concerned at all as he understands what you're saying and can follow directions perfectly (when he wants to that is lol). He's really good at kicking a soccer ball around and in a goal. DH thinks he's going to be an awesome soccer player.

We have have also welcomed a beautiful DD last month. DS is a great big brother and is always kissing and hugging her. Life has been good :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• that is awesome! my DS is also delayed in speech. the pedi said he should have between 30 and 50 words at this point. including words he has said one time and signing (which he is very good at) he has about 60. he also know exactly what we are saying to him and follows directions; I think he is just stubborn!
    we had a DD in September. DS is SO good with her and loves to help out. she has been kind of a handful with colic and reflux but she is finally starting to feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • lp0lp0 member
    Congrats on your DD! Sorry you've had to deal with colic and reflux :(

We've been fortunate that our adjustment with DD's arrival has been pretty smooth. Honestly she is so easy, an active toddler is way more challenging lol. We estimate DS has at least 50 words but recently has been saying them more clearly and consistently. I think he can secretly talk and just decides not to. He busts out big words very clearly and then just doesn't say them again.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Hi, congrats on your DDs ! I have to admit I'm so jealous. I have had baby fever for over a year, but just got my first pp af last month (bc of extended bfing). We are TTC - wish us luck! DS is doing ok, we just had his 24 month Dr visit today and he is now 30th percentile for weight which is his highest yet - he has been as low as 4th in the past. He also finally outgrew his dairy allergy (although he is still allergic to soy and egg). As for this age - I love that he is more affectionate now and has a sense of humor. I do really miss him being a baby though. These past two years have really flown by.
  • @brideinsummer04 Good luck!!

I haven't been on here in a very long time! My son is doing amazing! He's picked up stuff so fast from having a 4 year old brother! He amazes me every single day! He knows most of his colors, has been learning to count from listening to his big brother, and can do or say just about anything! We started TTC last June and got our BFP last Wednesday! So we're hoping to give them a little sister (brother works too though!) Glad to see your boys are doing good as well and congrats to the new ones!!
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• I'm late to update! DS is my pride and joy, but definitely going whole hog with the terrible 2s! When he's good, he's awesome but when he's bad, I want to pull my hair out! LOL. He has an incredible vocabulary and is learning things so fast. We struggled for a long time (since he was 4 months old) with his weight. After a lot of stress and a lot of anxiety and crying on my part, we finally determined at 18 months old that he has a milk protein intolerance. Since we eliminated all dairy, he has had a much better appetite and has put on weight, though slowly. He is still not quite 23 pounds so really isn't on the growth curve for weight. Height is ok, though he is a little low on that, about 30th percentile I think but he has big whole head comparatively (50th percentile). We are expecting our second child in late August - don't know if it will be a boy or girl yet. Hoping DS adapts ok!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"