1st Trimester
Options

Hi guys! I have a stupid question

This is my first time posting on the first tri board. I found out last Saturday I was pregnant, I tested with a wondofo and I continued to get positives every day since. I took an FRER yesterday and the test line was darker than the control line!

My question is: does the darkness of the test line mean anything? I know a positive is a positive regardless. I had a miscarriage in October and my FRER was way way lighter. I am only 4w2d but have lots of symptoms! I am just so scared of another miscarriage!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Hi guys! I have a stupid question

• Options
    Sometimes a darker line can mean overall higher levels of hcg. Sometimes it can mean that your urine is more concentrated than it was the last time you tested. Sometimes it can just be indicative of the variations between different tests. Because home pregnancy tests are qualitative ("yes you're pregnant" or "no you're not pregnant") instead of quantitative ("here's how much hcg is in your urine,") they really can't be relied on to indicate the viability of a pregnancy. 

I'm so sorry for your previous loss! Because you had a miscarriage in October, your OB may want to see you sooner and/or check to see if your beta hcg levels are doubling within 48 hours, which is often an indication that a pregnancy is progressing well. But it kind of depends on the OB. 

Best wishes on a happy and healthy pregnancy!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your previous loss! Because you had a miscarriage in October, your OB may want to see you sooner and/or check to see if your beta hcg levels are doubling within 48 hours, which is often an indication that a pregnancy is progressing well. But it kind of depends on the OB. 

This is exactly what they did for me. I also had a loss in October. As soon as I got a bfp I called the Dr and he did blood work. Everything is doubling; so far its looking good.

He also had me come in for an earlier u/s. However, the first u/s only showed a yolk sac so we are going back in a week for another :)

Good luck!! Hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!

3rd pregnancy -- 1st baby -- praying for a rainbow

#1 EDD 5/2014 -- MMC 10weeks ~~ #2 EDD 10/2014 -- Our baby girl, born sleeping 17weeks ~~ #3 EDD 8/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"