April 2014 Moms
Options

Dad delivers baby (story on ABC)

My DH emailed me this story this morning. Thought I would share with you ladies.

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/dad-delivers-baby-doctor-nurse-flee-173317007--abc-news-health.html

My apologies if some of you have already heard this story.

Re: Dad delivers baby (story on ABC)

• Options
    Omg... seriously how was there no one else with them?! I'm so glad my hospital has tons of staff. What on earth would a nurse be nervous about? Isn't it her job? So glad I don't live around there..
    Pregnancy Ticker

image image
  • Options
    What the holy hell? I see law suits all over the place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah wow. I couldnt imagine.
  • Options
    I'm not for litigating every little dispute, but that is simply outrageous. Staff accordingly, or revoke the hospital's license to practice. I'm glad the family is okay, but I'd be livid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is horrible!  That said, it made the news because it is a rare occurrence.  The nurse and doctor that handled my delivery of DS were awesome!  I would not worry about this happening to you.  
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    What, there was one nurse for the entire L&D floor? WTF. 

• Options
    My little lawyer brain just saw so many dollar signs.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wow!!! Dude, seriously, if you're a nurse and you're "nervous," you suck it up and pretend you're not. I hope she gets fired. 
    And the doctor sounds like a piece of work too.

ETA I also wonder how long it will take some internet commenter "genius" to blame Obama for this. (note major sarcasm font.) 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options

OMG i had this exact nightmare like 2 nights ago!

although my husband will be delivering this baby...(IF ITS SAFE AND WITH MY DOCTOR AND NURSE PRESENT!)

• Options
    They better not a get a hospital bill
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! Insane!!!

This week a woman up here in NYC gave birth on the street!!! I have to find the article, but full-on delivered her little girl on a Manhattan street!!! Mom, baby and dad are fine. This is now my new nightmare!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"