Trouble TTC

Q's about trigger shots, exercise, etc

kaynix21kaynix21 member
edited February 2014 in Trouble TTC
So I had my first RE appt Friday and they did a trigger shot....so I should have O'd at 3am this morning according to my RE.

I'm having some weird pains on both sides....mostly my left side now which is the one that was ready to go....sort of feels like my ovary is extra big and almost crampy? IDK I don't usually have O pain so I don't know what to expect. Anyone else have that? And does it usually hurt after O'ing....or would that mean I didn't ovulate this morning like she though I would? 

She told me that for the next 2 weeks I need to act as if PG, no super hot baths, no raw foods, sushi, etc until I get AF or not. How does that work with exercise? I've been doing a lot more intense exercising the last few weeks. I forgot to ask while I was there, so I can call tomorrow and check with her. But I wanted to get a workout in tonight so I was curious what RE's have told others.

TIA

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
SIS clear
April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Q's about trigger shots, exercise, etc

• I was very uncomfortable for about 2 days after my trigger shot. It sounded like many other ladies have had a similar experience.

Personally, I laid of intense exercise. It was more my paranoia than anything the doctor told me. I'd give them a quick call and ask tomorrow. 

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• I didn't start medicated cycles yet, but did ask about exercise bc I had plans to run a half marathon in May. My RE told me that my body will let me know whats comfortable. She said that more than likely, it won't enjoy or tolerate high impact/high intensity well.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I have pains exactly like yours!  I think it's normal.  I live in Bulgaria and here they tell all women to abstain from exercise from trigger until the end of your first trimester (assuming you get pregnant).  It seems to contradict lots of research I've read about the benefits of exercise in the first trimester.  I'm a runner, so I've decided to take it easy from trigger until 2 dpiui.  Then I will try to do mainly cycling and strength training for the rest of my 2WW...although I did go on a couple short jogs last time. 

I'm really interested to hear what others' doctors are telling them.  We've been trying for 2 years and could be for a long while more.  I can't imagine giving up all exercise during this time.

Me 36 with endometriosis, PCOS, fibroid and ovulation issues, DH 40
    TTC #1 since 04/12, BFP 10/12. Missed MC/D&C at 10 weeks 11/12
    TTC #2 since 12/12
    6 clomid cycles since 7/13, all BFN
    IUI #1 (2 b2b) with clomid and trigger shot on 1/20/2014 BFN
    IUI #2 with arimidex and trigger, B2B IUI's 2/24 and 2/25, BFN
    IUI #3 with menopur injections and trigger, IUI 3/23, BFN
    7 month break

Fibroid surgery 10/14

IVF cycle 1 beginning Nov. 1st...cancelled due to follicle issues.  On hold for Dec. due to holidays.

IVF cycle 1.2- Gonal F (100) as of 1/12

• I have recieved 2 trigger shots and each time I did get crampy in my ovaries the next day. My RE did not tell say anything about not exercising after getting the shot. Does exercise really impact fertilization that we are not allowed to exercise? I've beent training for a 5K next month and I've been running 3-4 days a week after my trigger shot in December and this month. Waiting to test today, since it will be 14 days since my shot! Crossing fingers.
    Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
    OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
    DH's SA-normal
    Hormones all within normal levels
    Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
    01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
    06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
    07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
    08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
    09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

• My RE told me I could continue with my normal activity after IUI, after the first two I didn't exercise much and when I did I only walked. For my 3rd one I'm living life as normal and doing my regular gym classes.
    *** SIGGY WARNING ***

Happily Married Since 10.2006  •  TTC since 07.2012
    HSG Good & SA mostly Normal  •  DX lean PCOS
    MAR - NOV 2013  •  5 Cycles Clomid + TI = 2 Late O's/BFN & 3 Big Fat FAILS
    DEC 2013 - FEB 2014  •  IUI #1-3  •  Femara 5mg + Trigger = 3 BFNs
    MAR 2014  •  IUI #4  •  Follistim + Trigger + Crinone = BFN
    APR 2014  •  Benched  •  BCPs to clear up Cysts

MAY 2014  •  IUI #5  •  Follistim + Ganirelix + Trigger = BFP
    E.D.D. 2/18/2015
    6/11 +HPT • 6/13 BETA 447 • 6/16 BETA 1535
    6/23 U/S Adorable Little Bean • 6/30 U/S Beautiful Strong Heartbeat

• After my trigger I also felt ovulation pains for about 2 days. It was more discomfort than pain. My RE said that doing my normal exercise routine was perfectly fine after trigger,, and after IUI in the 2WW. So, I have been working out at my normal level of intensity, which is medium to high intensity activity 6 days per week, heartrate usually anywhere between 150-165 bpm.

The way I see it, if I change my routine now, then it could be like me going a whole year or more working out poorly while in treatment, and there isn't even a guarantee that I'll be pg.

• I have triggered the last two moths and I have felt a lot going on for 40+ hours. Mostly mild to moderate cramping and what resembles indigestion.

After my IUI last week my RE said I have no restrictions and should go about life as usual (with the exception of running a marathon). So I still have been lifting weights, jogging, cycling and doing yoga but taking it a bit easier than I usually would. I also have had a few drinks here and there but not too much. I feel a little guilty about that but figure it must be fine since I was not told to abstain completely. I want to to everything right but I am more afraid of getting myself all psyched for a BFP and wind up with another BFN and totally depressed.

EDD 12/13/14
    It's a girl!

• I typically felt O pains, some intense, the day after and two days after trigger shot.  My RE considers 36 hours after trigger to be ovulation.  I think that's pretty standard.

Honeslty, I live my life during the 2WW.  That includes food, drinks, and exercise.  But obviously it's a personal decision.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• a bit off topic but your RE can pinpoint the exact hour you ovulated after trigger? wow 
    Me: 38, DH: 41
    TTC#2 since Feb 2013
    10/13: 1st IUI, BFN
    02/14: 2nd IUI, BFN
    03/14: HSG done, found out right tube is slightly blocked
    04/14: 3rd IUI, BFN
    05/14: 4th IUI, BFN
    07/14: IVF no. 1, BFN
    11/14: IVF no. 2, BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the info everyone.

Since my loss is still really fresh, I feel really uncomfortable not taking it easy because I don't want to go through that again, personal decision of course, although I'm sure it is safe to continue what I've been doing.

I've been more active doing extra cleaning around the house and things in the kitchen to make sure I'm up and moving, as well as walking with my pup.

I cramped the day after my shot, and the next two days after that as well. Now feeling bloaty and uncomfortable.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"