January 2013 Moms

Allergy update :-(

Well, we just got back from Millie's allergist appointment where we talked about her results. She's allergic to Brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, egg yolks, egg whites, oats, and peanuts. Not allergic to walnuts and pecans...woo.

He said she has an 80% chance of outgrowing the eggs. Everything else is pretty much what it is. Also, the peanut allergy numbers have gotten worse since her first test 8 months ago. The egg whites numbers are the highest, but that's not necessarily indicative of how badly she would react.

I'm still processing this and it's just starting to sink in how much this fucking sucks. I mean, it could obviously be much worse, but dammit...I need all the booze, guys.

We'll re-test in a year.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Allergy update :-(

• My dd hasn't had any allergy issues (except to her initial formula waaay back when) but I'm so nervous about nuts that we are still going to try and avoid them. It's hard to avoid nuts! I'm sorry to hear this but at least you know. And you will get used to it I think. Plus, it seems like stores and restaurants are really sensitive to food allergies now and the awareness will only get better!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Ugh, what a pain! I hope she outgrows them.  We have two sets of friends who both have toddlers with allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, and coconuts. One of them is also allergic to milk and wheat. They both said it took some work initially to get a handle on how to deal with it but both kids are doing great.

On the bright side, your daughter will learn to be such a clean eater.  It's difficult to avoid those allergens with any kind of processed food but it can be done. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies. We'll just have to take it one day at a time. I get ahead of myself and waste a lot of energy worrying about the future when I just need to take care of her right now. We can do it!
  • That totally sucks!  I'm sorry you're dealing with the allergies.  Do they think they're at all linked to her severe eczema? 

If this helps, google recipes for Autoimmune protocol or AIP ingredients, such as AIP pancakes or AIP muffins.  Because your DD's allergies tend to be inflammation triggering foods, people with autoimmune diseases avoid them, and there are a ton of recipes out there if you know how to look for them.

Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Sorry, that sucks! Hopefully she will outgrow them. I had terrible allergies as a kid and have mostly outgrown them - but I never outgrew the egg allergy. At least now you know and you can avoid those allergens. DS has an allergy appt in June so I am just trying to avoid everything I am allergic to in the meantime. I'm sure DC thinks I'm a nut job, but oh well!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"