November 2014 Moms

Vegetarian Mamas?

Hi everyone! I just found out I am expecting around Nov 1. I have a 2 year old LO, since having him I have gone veg. I have yet to go to the doctor but was curious if anyone else has gone through a pregnancy as a vegetarian. I stopped eating meat because it was physically making me sick I had multiple tests done but they did not find anything wrong after a year of testing so I kind of "gave up." Cutting it out of my diet helped tremendously and for the most part I have felt much better. I will admit I have some concerns. Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

Re: Vegetarian Mamas?

• I'm not a vegetarian. But does your prenatal have iron in it?

I'm taking those gummy prenatals which don't have iron. In my last pregnancy I couldn't eat meat for almost the entire time because it made me sick. So I had to switch to a prenatal with iron instead of the gummies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a vegetarian but I'm a FTM so I haven't gone through a pregnancy yet. My RE didn't seemed concerned about maintaining my diet through the pregnancy. I think as long as you maximize your intake of protein with other foods such as beans, soy, and dairy, you should be fine. I also agree with @LuckyPenny1231 about your iron intake. It may be best to get a prenatal that has iron in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"