Cloth Diapering

NB Stash, washing questions, and nighttime help

Hello all, Somewhat of a newbie here although I read your suggestions quite often (thanks!) Here's my plan, what do you think? 

30+ NB Prefolds. 
9 bleached were bought used, unsure of the brand 
24 will be probably be Nicki's Diapers Indian prefolds.  
Some of the used I will convert to fitteds
24+ SM Prefolds. I will buy more I'm sure.
More sizes as we learn which brands we like. 
Some microfleece liners
3-5 DIY Wool Covers. (Hopefully NB size, I'm new to sewing)
5+ OS DIY Wool Covers. Longies and Shorties as I have time. 
Maybe OS fleece wraps and soakers
4 XS Bummis Superlite wraps we picked up on sale. 
5 snappis, 30+ flannel DIY wipes, pail and 2 pail liners

DH is sure that EBF poo is awful and he needs to rinse those prefolds prior to putting them in the pail. Internet, instructors and I have failed at convincing him otherwise. I've said that fine, he can rinse the ones he changes. How messy will laundry be if I have a bunch of rinsed wet prefolds in the pail? Will he realize it's unnecessary? 

For washing - I have an HE front load, it looks like I have a prewash option and an extra rinse option. Is the prewash the presoak? (probably should just find my manual) 

For nighttime, I planned to use the wool covers and extra inserts as needed. What else would baby sleep in during the summer? A tshirt and a swaddle? Is that safe? Long sleeve onsies? Fleece pjs and wool longies in the winter? It' amazing how little we know about all this! Thanks!!!

Re: NB Stash, washing questions, and nighttime help

• Your stash looks good. NB poop is pretty watery so you may have to hand wash the wool often. Since NBs poop all the time. As for a night time solution for NBs. You don't need one since they poop all they time and you'll need to change them over night until they stop pooping all the time. Maybe 6 to 8 weeks??

As for pjs, we did a cotton sleeper with a swaddle blanket for ds in the summer time. Once he started to roll we stopped the swaddle and moved to a sleep sack. With a cotton sleeper.

Newborns can't regulate their temperatures very well, so you still cover them pretty good.

I haven't ventured into wool yet, but wicking can be an issue with a onsie over wool. So I'm not sure how all that works. And tshirts would rise up easily on a baby during sleep. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in there.

Oh and you may want more than 30 wipes. I love having a ton!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"