Pregnant after IF

Paranoia

Does anyone else have this tiny little paranoid fear that you will give birth and the baby will be someone else's? I know my lab had excellent security/protocol but people make mistakes and you can't see what's going on behind the scenes.  I have no specific reason to believe they transferred the wrong embryos (except that I am nearly 25 weeks pregnant for the first time).  Sometimes when I imagine what baby might look like, I start thinking "god what if this isn't our baby???"  Maybe it's just my PAIF/PGAL brain kicking in - still afraid this might not actually happen.  I am really not super worried about this but I do think about it every now and then. Just curious if others have had these fears too.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Paranoia

• Yes!!!! And I did IUI. I wonder if they switched up the sperm sample. If I stop and think about it, I get so worried! Just one more thing to dwell on throughout this pregnancy! ;)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a bit of fear about that (especially given that there is an extra person involved in my case!) but haven't lost any sleep over it. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, my husband and I joke (but I am not really joking) about that all the time! I don't worry too much but it has crossed my mind multiple times!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • We have joked about it :)
  • We joke about it, but I don't worry too much about it happening. 
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• My mom worries about it :)

I have thought about it, but no real concern. We got pictures of the embryos and I am pretty sure they both looked like me!
  • My DH jokes about it, but I'm not concerned.  The embryologists are so, so very careful.  Two different embryologists made *me* tell them my name and birthdate, how many, etc., before the transfer.  They come through the little window before the prep and ask questions, then again before they give the tube to my RE.  They don't take the doc's word for it.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • auntjessy said:
    My DH jokes about it, but I'm not concerned.  The embryologists are so, so very careful.  Two different embryologists made *me* tell them my name and birthdate, how many, etc., before the transfer.  They come through the little window before the prep and ask questions, then again before they give the tube to my RE.  They don't take the doc's word for it.  
    That's interesting.  My embryologist came into the room with an incubator with my embie in it.  They definitely checked my name, social and birthday a million times, but I worry more about mistakes behind the scenes.  I am glad I am not the only one who thinks about this, but also sad that this is one more thing us IFers have to deal with.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We've joked about it as well but sometimes I think about it a little too long and make myself worry lol.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • So funny. I've thought about it too. I am less actually worried, though. Let's hope we can all just joke about it!im sure we will all get our babies!

• Sort of.  Our lab had excellent security and naming conventions on everything.  All of the cups, petri dishes, etc. had both of our names on it, even my hospital bracelet had both of our names on it - so hopefully they won't be any mix ups.  When they did the transfer, the embryologist was even the room with the incubator, and she asked us for our info several times before she put anything up on the screen for us to see and potentially read it off if it wasn't actually us.  But I think it's normal for us to have that fear in the back of our minds, I mean it HAS happened.  I'm not overly concerned about it at all, but sometimes I do joke with DH "what if the baby comes out black or asian!"  (we're both white as white can be lol)
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"