August 2013 Moms

adhd linked with acetaminophen

Has anyone else seen this article?
Thoughts? Makes me wonder what else is left to discover with "safe" drugs.

Engaged 10/2/1202
BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: adhd linked with acetaminophen

• I don't think anything is 100% safe during pregnancy. I think during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding, caution should be taken. Does the need outweigh the risk? If not, deal with it another way.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • I totally agree with correlation vs causation but it' s certainly a start. 

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i just saw this this morning on the news and didnt like to see it, i appreciate the logical mention of correlation vs causation, makes me feel better
  • When I was pg everyone told me it was fine to take Tylenol. I said I wouldn't take it. I said that they don't know it is fine. Everyone thought I was overly cautious. I never took it. Not once.

I feel totally vindicated.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I only took it a few times....I tried to stay off as much as I could

• I don't think there's really much to talk about. The study was done by pulling data from a behavior study and seeing how many of the mothers reported taking the medication. These same mothers could have all drank Pepsi a few times a day, or used a certain kind of soap, or used a certain brand of window cleaner and that could be linked to the same outcome.

"It's important to note that ADHD-like behaviors are not the same as having ADHD."

"An accompanying editorial published in JAMA Pediatrics emphasizes that the study has found “an interesting observed association,” but that the researchers did not find that acetaminophen causes ADHD. The study authors agree that their results do not show a cause-and-effect relationship."

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"