August 2013 Moms
Options

Visiting the hospital? WWYD

A very dear aunt of mine is not well and I'm not quite sure if she'll get much better or ever leave the hospital after this most recent downward spiral of her deteriorating health. With that said, she has never met LO and I'm sure it would cheer her up so much.

I can't decide if I should take him to visit her or hope she gets well enough to come home for a visit. Have any of you taken LO to the hospital to visit a relative? I'm not sure if I'm being too cautious or not cautious enough...?
Mason Lee 
Born 8/18/13 
A13 May Siggy Contest 

Re: Visiting the hospital? WWYD

• Options
    My Gramps was on a palliative care wing of a hospital . Took LO to see 7 or 8 times starting as young as 2 weeks old. Was very important for me for my Gramps to meet my LO.

I used to call ahead, explain that I was bringing a baby and ask if there was anything contagious on the floor that they'd recommend not bringing a baby around. Was always told it was okay to come. LO hasn't ever been sick.

Take regular precautions such as trying to not touch anything, especially door handles, wash hands well, wash LO's hands, etc...

Sorry to hear about your aunt.
  • Options
    I took LO to see my mother in law on the cardio floor, we weren't sure if she was going to make it. We flew down to see her and I wanted to make sure LO spent as much time as possible with her grandma. I have also worked in hospitals most of my career.

I would call ahead to make sure they allow babies to visit and follow pp's precautions.

Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids have spent a lot of time at hospitals visiting my sick relatives. I would follow PP advice, and just go.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll call the hospital in the morning and find out! My aunt would be thrilled to see him :-)
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    I had my appendix out at 2 weeks pp, Emma stayed with me most of the time I was there. And then my DH had his gallbladder out when Emma was 5 months and she hung out in the hospital too. I think it would totally brighten up her day.
    _____August BMB January Siggy Challenge___
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 09/2011 * BFP 12/1/13* DD born 08/02/13 // TTC#2 10/2013 * BFP 12/22/14 * EDD 08/30/15

Anniversary

• Options
    I just brought Joel to visit Hs grandma. He wore a mask since he has been sick. I also called ahead and made sure it was ok- some don't allow child visitors during flu season.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"