December 2013 Moms
Options

Not so great at tummy time :)

My son is 8 1/2weeks and he's not doing so hot at lifting his head during his tummy time. I know it's probably normal but roughly when should they be turning their heads??

Re: Not so great at tummy time :)

• Options
    Our pedi said that some babies just take longer to hold their heads up and that it's not a big deal. "When their thirty and in a bar no ones gonna care who lifted their head up first and longer during tummy time!" But my LO usually just lay his head on his hands and sucks on them. Unless I put on a stimulation video from YouTube in front of him.
  • Options
    We're going in 12 weeks and she hated tummy anything. Then this last couple weeks, it was like boom, tummy time baby holding her head up and laughing etc. I was shocked and went from worried to nevermind in a day. I had also asked the pedi a out it at her two month appt and she said she was just fine then.

She's also started rolling on her side (back to side), but nothing from stomach to back yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 10 weeks tomorrow & is not a fan of tummy time. She is a lot more tolerable of it by propping her up on a big pillow. She does eventually start crying as she wiggles so much and moves down to the point where she physically is incapable of lifting her head enough. So we move her back up, sometimes she'll be happy, other times she's already done.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sam hates tummy time. For valentines day I got him the ocean reef tummy roller pillow from baby Einstein. He does much better at holding up his head with this than any rolled up towel or boppy I've used.

Some annoying parts of the pillow, there is a musical crab tether that is kinda loud, makes music/noise ANY time the pillow is picked up and doesn't have an off switch. Also, that's the only toy that doesn't detach from the pillow so you can't machine wash it (einstine did not use his brain when creating this part of the pillow).

But all of that is worth it for the improved tummy time. He went from less than 5 minutes before tears started, to now longer than 15 minutes. I'll try and find a picture of it.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's the baby einstine rhythm of the reef roller. I've never posted a link and I'm mobile so I hope this works. I do know how to post a pick so I'll attach that as well.

https://m.target.com/p/baby-einstein-rhythm-of-the-reef-prop-pillow/-/A-14666059

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Someone posted a couple of weeks ago about giving tummy time during diaper changes. I have been doing that, T loves diaper changes and flipping her over for a few minutes after she is much more tolerable of. Her sister stands in front of her and amuses her. Also I typically give her tummy time on the couch, she prefers being up higher (she is not just staring at the floor). Some kids never love tummy time, more incentive for them to learn to roll over.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oops never answered your question. Since doing these things T will hold her head up longer and look around, only resting her head when she gets tired. She has even started pushing up her chest.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO is 8w and will turn his head, but he's had strong head control for awhile now. A friend showed me today that if you roll up a blanket and put it under his chest it makes the tummy time better, which could assist your LO in being able to turn their head. I did it today, and he lasted about 3 minutes which is longer than before because usually he just flips himself into his back! Here's a pic of what I mean by the rolled up blanket!
  • Options
    I'm mobile. Damn sideways pics
  • Options
    We have the same baby Einstein roller and that crab is going to kill me! Just having it in the back seat on the way home from target was enough to drive you crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"