Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

UTI symptoms 2 1/2 weeks post MC

Tess0307Tess0307 member
edited February 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hello all,

I had a MC about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I was almost 6 weeks and was in the ER for almost 7 hours with excessive bleeding.  After having an internal sono in the ER, it was confirmed that I passed all tissue.

Bleeding stopped about a week ago and I was just patiently waiting for AF to return.

Yesterday, I started having weird pains in the stomach, but it almost felt like gas pains.  Not excruciating, so I didn't think much of it.  Then, this morning, I started feeling symptoms of a UTI.  Slight burning, but not painful to urinate.  I have been going to the bathroom a lot, but I just returned to hot yoga and have been drinking lots of water.  I stopped at CVS on my lunch break to get one of those UTI tests and it was positive for Litrates and negative for nitrates would "could possibly be a sign of a UTI".

I called my doctor to see if this was something I should be concerned about. I have an appointment with him on Saturday anyway for a colposcopy (due to abnormal annual pap) but she said I shouldn't wait that long so they squished me in for tomorrow.  

Anyone else have something similar to this?  I am nervous now, hoping that the ER did everything they were supposed to.  I guess I would be lucky if it was just a UTI.  My DH and I have sex on Friday (exactly 2 weeks from the MC which was recommended) but maybe it was too early?  I am scared that it's something more than a UTI.

UGH... just when I thought I was coping and putting this MC behind me, this happens.  It's never-ending.

Thanks ladies.

Me-28 DH-37
Together since 02/28/2007
Married since 09/07/2013

BFP 02/01/14 EDD 10/10/14 ...MC 02/08/14 
CURRENTLY WAITING FOR AF TO RETURN...
:: TICK TOCK::TICK TOCK::

Re: UTI symptoms 2 1/2 weeks post MC

• Good luck tomorrow. It sounds like a uti, especially if the store test was +leukocytes.

Nitrates are really just icing on the cake for a uti. There are docs who won't prescribe antibiotics for uti if nitrates are negative. I'm guessing You'll be given antibiotics.

FX that's all this is for you.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• edited February 2014
    Yes, I had a bad UTI about 2-3 weeks after my natural m/c.  I hadn't had one in years and this one was pretty bad.  However, I'm pretty sure I brought it upon myself because my OB specifically told me nothing in the vagina for 3 weeks after the m/c (to prevent bad bacteria due to still open cervix).  DH and I violated the "vagina ban" by 4-5 days and lo and behold I ended up with the UTI just days later.  Antibiotics cleared it up and I took the OTC AZO Standard, which is tremendously helpful for the discomfort.  For the last month, I can feel that I am more prone to being on the verge of another one, so I drink lots of cranberry juice.

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• Loading the player...
  • @ifmamaainthappy SAME THING!  Well, my doc said 2 weeks. 2 weeks TO THE DAY is when DH & I violated our "vagina ban"... so I am sure that's what it is!  Like the MC isn't bad enough, then you have a ban!  If you ask me... it makes you want it more! Haha! 

KMW08  Thanks for the info!  And yes, DUH- I wrote litrates (WTF IS THAT?!) instead of leukocytes.  Where's my brain lately?!

Thank you both!

Heading to the doctor within the hour so hopefully, it's only a UTI!

Me-28 DH-37
    Married since 09/07/2013

• **UPDATE**

Had my doctor's appointment last night.  When he first entered the room and I told him my symptoms, he recommended that I reschedule my colposcopy (which was supposed to be Saturday morning) for two more weeks, in order for me to heal.

While doing the exam, he said that everything looked perfect.  my cervix looked great and nicely healed.  No UTI, no vaginal infections.  He said the symptoms could be from hormones or even just "mental" since I am still emotionally healing.  Very normal, he said.

BUT, he decided to do the colposcopy then and there, since I already made the trek.  After the fact, I am happy he did, so I can enjoy my weekend, but to be honest... I wasn't emotionally ready for it.  

After everything I have already been through over the last 2 1/2 weeks... the bleeding, MC, ER visit for 7 hours, multiple internal exams, internal sonograms, cramps, more bleeding, ETC ETC... The last thing I was emotionally ready for was this procedure.  He took a biopsy, but otherwise said he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.  Very healthy, and even ok'ed us to TTC whenever we want, even though AF hasn't arrived yet.

I guess it's all good news and I am hoping this is it- I am ready to move forward now.  

Thanks ladies... HUGS TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS THEM! 
    Me-28 DH-37
    Married since 09/07/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"