Preemies
Options

27 week 5 day mo/Di twin boy delivery

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ashley, the the proud mommy of two mo/Di twin boys born at 27w5days. After a perfect pregnancy with no complaints I ended up having some odd spotting and back contractions... We went from "let's observe you for a few hours" to "let's give you magnesium and start the steroid shots.. You will be here a few days" to "you're 100% effaced and diLated to 3 so your not leaving the hospital for at least 6 weeks" to "never mind you're still dilating we are delivering tonight" all in a 6 hour time period... All on my birthday. Knox was 2 lbs 4.7oz 14.5 inches Steele was 2 lb 9.6 oz, 15.5 inches Apparently my cervix is "incompetent" and kick stared labor. We are so lucky that the babies were never in distress, and were breathing on their own right away.. We are now 16 days in to our 3 month NICU stay.. We are so blessed to have some very strong boys.. We keep telling people we do not have sick babies, we have small babies that just need to get strong... But walking away from them every night is like ripping open my heart. As the first of our friends to have babies so we don't have a lot of close people to reach out too who have ever been in our shoes soi wanted to plugin here to maybe find some support when I am home alone and pumping and needing to know that we are not alone In all of this! Wish we were not in this situation, but looking forward to getting to know y all

Re: 27 week 5 day mo/Di twin boy delivery

• Options
    Congrats on your little boys! We were in a similar boat as u about 1 year ago. Perfectly healthy labor, then woke up at 33 weeks with spotting and cramps. Went into hospital at 640am, had baby at 10am. Really quick and scary! Mt daughter was not growing anymore. She had IUGR. growth restriction. She was born healthy but tiny! She was 2lbs 13 ounces. Smallest baby I have ever seen. She stayed in NICU for 6 weeks. Learning to eat and gaining weight. She's doing great. She will be one in 2 days!! She's still little, about 14lbs. But she's great! Everyday was so long and stressful but looking back it was so quick! Congrats on your little babies! I hope you have a quick and uneventful NICU stay! The ladies are great on here!
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry y'all are sick. The other night I was on my way for our nightly kangaroo time and got stuck behind an accident for three hours. I completely missed it and broke down... The only saving grace was my husband made it there from work so he could tuck them in... People keep telling me not to blink, that life happens so fast.., I PRAY that this portion goes by too fast... And the fact that these boys aren't together breaks my heart even more. If I miss them this much I can only imagine how much they miss each other.... And I adore the name Atlas! Such a strong name!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS is a 27 Weeker. First, congrats on the birth of your babies, they have a respectable weight for twins and preemies. Second, I want to tell you that "you can't stop time". Those babies WILL be out of the NICU eventually and you will get to take them home. On those dark nights when you hate leaving them, just think another night in the NICU for them means a day closer to coming home! Good luck and hope they come home soon!
  • Options
    Congrats on the birth of your boys, but sorry you have to join us! Wishing you a short & uneventful NICU stay.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on your boys! Best wishes for an easy NICU stay.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little men!  Your labor and delivery sound very similar to mine though I was a few weeks farther along.  I hope your NICU road is as smooth as possible and they are home very soon.

• Options
    My boys were born at 27 weeks 3 days gestation.  Halen was 1lb 8 oz and Daxton was 2lbs 6 oz.  They were born just a little over one month ago.  Today Daxton hit 4 lbs .9oz and Halen weighs 2lbs 13.9 oz!  The only thing they have is their feeding line and some low flow oxygen (which Daxton's got turned up quite a bit yesterday....hopefully he just had an off day).  It breaks my heart leaving them every day as well....and I went back to work full time so I only get to see them once a day for a couple hours.  :(   The nurses love our boys and that makes me feel really good.  Good luck to you and hope you have an uneventful NICU stay...the time goes by fast.  I can't believe they are a month old already!

Me:34  DH: 29

Married: 7/10/10

TTC since April 2011

Many failed IUIs with clomid, femara, and ovidrel

IVF #1 July 2013 with Menopur, Bravelle, Ganirelix, HCG trigger, Progesterone

Beta 1(8/1): 401, Beta 2(8/5): 1822  1st U/S: 8/13: 2 sacs!!!  2nd U/S: 8/20: 2 healthy heartbeats!!

• Options
    I'm dreading going back to work in a few weeks, but I want to save my FMLA for when they come home. Luckily I am a teacher and that should bleed into my summer... But in dreading it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"