Chit Chat

3 Sibling Birthday Party?

Hi - I'm pregnant with our 3rd and thinking ahead to birthday parties. Our son will be 3 in late December, our daughter will be 1 in mid September and baby #3 will come in October. We have a large family and lots of friends all with busy calendars. We're also one of the only families to have 3 kids. It's hard planning our son's birthday because it's so close to Christmas. Also, I think I'd rather have them all share instead of just the September/October kids, so no one gets their own party. I'm thinking of having all of the kids share a family/friends party in October or November. Do you think guests would like that more or would they be annoyed?

Pros
All kids are within 3 years
We wouldn't be taking up 3 Saturdays, just 1
We'd go all out!

Cons
Guests would have to buy multiple gifts (even though I would encourage smaller gifts or gift sharing)
Potential to annoy guests
May come off a cheap

We will absolutely give each child their own special day on their actual birthday. We could even let each child have their own cake and balloons at the party.

How would you feel about attending one party for three siblings close in age?

Re: 3 Sibling Birthday Party?

As long as these are your decorations you are totally legit to combine all 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"