December 2012 Moms
Options

Excited to be back at work

So today is my first day back at work since going home early on Valentine's day because the daycare called to say Killian had a temp of 103.4

We went to the Doc Friday night and she sent us home with instructions to control fever through Tylenol/Ibuprofen & cool clothes/baths. Back to see our regular Doc first thing Monday morning and a two hour visit, including a nebulizer treatment and an x-ray, later we had a not-as-nasty-as-it-could-be case of pneumonia! On top of cutting 6 new teeth. 

By Friday, Killian was feeling much better and whenever I told him "No, don't eat the dog food/plastic. No, don't throw the remote at the window. No don't run down the couch like a runway & try to launch off the end onto the dog" He would run to the gate at the top of stairs and scream "Daaaaddddaaaaa!" in the most pathetic voice. I took a video for DH, who was at work all week.

Happily back at the office this morning, swearing that as much as I love my amazing child, I could not be a stay at home mom. At least not being stuck in the house unable to go anywhere for that long again.

How do those who stay home (or have been 'trapped' due to weather) keep their LOs entertained? At what point do you just bundle them up & say screw the germs & go somewhere? 
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
image image image

Re: Excited to be back at work

• Options
    My hubs is a sah, he copes by having his mother watch her for couple of hours on Monday and then my mother if she can, will watch her for a few hours one day during the week.  I love lo and would do anything for her, but I don't think I could be a sah either. 
  • Options
    Don't know how the SAH parents do it, nor any parent with more than 1 child, or single parents. They are all super heros in my book. I greatly appreciate that I had this past week off, however the time I had to run errands while she was at day care helped destress what would otherwise have been challenging.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With the bad snow a week or so ago, DD, DH, and I were house-bound together for 4 days.  DD seemed really fine playing with her toys and hanging out with us.  By day 4, I was so bored I couldn't even watch the Olympics.  On day 5, I was like screw it, I'm going to The Christmas Tree Shoppe, and I took DD with me.  She was overjoyed to get out.  When I went to get her out of the carseat at the store, she was smiling and excitedly flapping her arms.  We probably looked at everything in that store twice.

If I sah, I think that I would try to find outside activities like book time at the library and going to the park.  Even if DD is a little under the weather, after a couple of days, I feel OK bundling her up good and taking her for a stroller ride.  Fresh air can be good for a little sickness.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We live in the snow and we had no school for 2 days not to long ago and LO went and got his boots. Guess that was his way of saying mom I have cabin fever. So off we went outside!!
  • Options
    I'm glad your LO is feeling better!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    @mrsnschneiter - Killian started doing that on day 2/3 as well! He would bring me his coat, then his snow pants & then put a hat on and stand at the top of stairs and yell at me until we got ready to go outside

image image image
  • Options
    I'm glad Killian is feeling better! I SAH and, not gonna lie, this winter has been rough. Between lots of sickness and freakishly low temps keeping us in for several days in a row, I was climbing the walls, to say the least. I am lucky in that my mom lives very close (10 mins away) and she has made her basement into a "Babyland" so when we're getting really nuts I take the boys over there to play, and we all appreciate a change of scenery. Most days I do try to get out of the house at least once; keeps life interesting for me and keeps the boys from destroying everything too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"