February 2013 Moms
Options

DD hates WCM

We had this great plan to buy organic and hormone free WCM from local dairy. $8 for a gallon, whoa. Anyways, after many attempts, she hates it and now scream when she sees her bottles and refuses them and only wants to be breastfed. We tried warming it, cooling, sippy cups diluting it all the way down to 5 to 1 ratio with BM. I plan on doing some extended bf, but at one year I am ready to leave the pump at home when I go to work. What should I be doing during the day to make sure she gets what she needs, nutritionally? Should I look into milk alternatives? Is serving other dairy products like cheese and yogurts enough? maybe she will enjoy WCM down the road, but for now what can I do? I know WCM isn't a must have, I just wasn't prepared for her to not have it and want to give her suitable replacements when she is at the ils while I work.

Re: DD hates WCM

• Options
    If I were you, I would probably call your pediatrician's nurse line and see what advice they can give you. They are probably better suited to give you advice on this. Good luck!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    What is she getting for solids? I was under the impression that at this age, WCM is just a beverage, and nutrients should be coming predominantly from food. My pedi told me that DS could have water until his heart's content, but no more than 16-24 oz. of milk/day. In fact, the print out she gave me even said to use a lower fat milk, assuming that calories are also coming from food and so he wouldn't be dependent on the fat/calorie content of WCM.

It's so frustrating, but unfortunately we can't force our kids to eat/drink things they just don't like (not that I in any way think you're forcing it down her throat). So I think it's just less stressful to shrug it off, and like PPs have said, call your pedi to see what other things she can have for now until she maybe warms up to it at a later time. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could also try whole goat milk?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO HATES wcm, my ped said water is what's really important and if ur LO is getting at least 4 servings of dairy elsewhere like yogurt, cheese, etc you are good and to always keep trying with the milk is all you can do.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"