TTC after 35
Options

Special Weekly Check-In For The **Over 40** Crowd

It's Back!!!! :D:D

This is a special weekly check-in for all of us who have crossed into our 40's. We all hang out on TTC after 35, but we all know that once you hit your fabulous 40's and are TTC it is just different.

There is a regular Weekly Check In on Wednesdays for all on this board, so feel free to post on both check ins if you like. If you are completely new to the TTC after 35 board and haven't done a formal intro please do that before posting here!

1. Your Name and/or Screen Name (no full names) and the State you live in.

2. How long have you been TTC?

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? (Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

4. What type of TTC are you doing? (IVF, IUI, Natural... etc)

5. Weekly Vent - Go ahead, vent on one thing that is really irking you this week, promise you will feel better after.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you have any upcoming vacations planned for a little R&R?

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Special Weekly Check-In For The **Over 40** Crowd

• Options

1. PrivateOne -CT

2. Since 2009, with RE since 2012

3. Waiting to O after recent early loss.

4. Waiting to do IVF #2

5. I've had a dull headache in the back and base of my skull for several days now. Not bad enough to take anything but just sort of annoying. I wish it would go away.

**Name That Action (NTA) **

Sadly, no. I'd like to plan something, but this whole IVF thing takes over and it's tough to make plans. Boooooo :(

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Your Name and/or Screen Name (no full names) and the State you live in. Processofbecoming, NY.

2. How long have you been TTC? Since about a month after my last miscarriage (which was in September. One actual month of really trying, the rest have been NTNP. This month we had sex a whopping ONE time, so I'm not anticipating anything other than AF in a few days,

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? (Waiting to O, 2WW etc) I'm on... crap, wait (had to open the FF app), CD 22. My cycles have been running about 26 days, give or take, so I have a few days until happy time. I'm feeling my usual premenstrual homicidal mood swings, so I probably won't even bother testing and wasting a FRER (I'm still mad at Wondfos and may continue to boycott them, in all their cheapie, false positive goodness. Grrrr).

4. What type of TTC are you doing? (IVF, IUI, Natural... etc): Natural. Too broke and tired for anything else right now. ha ha!

5. Weekly Vent - Go ahead, vent on one thing that is really irking you this week, promise you will feel better after. I'm the breadwinner in our house and have been for about 4 years now, since DH lost his job and has yet to find anything that pays even 25% of what he was making. I try not to get bitter over it. But I don't make buckets of money either, and there are things I want to do for our son that I can't, because I am covering all of the bills, all of the time. It is making me very stabby (PMS isn't helping). I know the job market is tough, but COME THE F**K ON, ALREADY. Ahhhh, vent over.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you have any upcoming vacations planned for a little R&R? God, don't I wish. Sadly no (see previous comment for the reason why). A lot of my friends are on vacation as I type, and are posting all of their smug vacation pictures to FB. I am very jealous!!! Someday, I will see a beach again!

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @PrivateOne sorry about your headache. Hope it goes away soon.

@JimBobCooter New England and sailing sound wonderful! I go to Nantucket with the family I work for almost every summer and I love it there!! So beautiful.

1. Becky from Pittsburgh

2. Started with RE 4/11

3. On bcp's waiting for donor and recipient to finish their testing. I told MH we don't have to continue but I don't think I could just stop now.

4. DE IVF #1 w/ICSI

5. I'm so tired of cooking for this family and getting put down for it. I ask them to go through cookbooks so I have an idea on what to make and they only did that once. Seriously then don't complain when I make something you don't like!!

I am not an effing chef!! Is it so hard to look at say..maybe 2 cookbooks on a weekend and mark pages!! NO!!

**NTA**
    Not really. MH wanted to go to New Orleans for a long weekend but probably can't with this cycle coming up and the money needed to be put down. That was one of our fights lately. I feel bad because its like the baby is all about me and what I want and he hasn't been doing certain things because of it like traveling. Yes can't you tell we are on the same page?? :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    1)Sally from Indiana......2)since June...1 cycle with re...using clomid and ovidrel shot.....3)H and I are benched until April because of loss and D&C , I finally started af ...it's lighter but my back killed me !....4)will probably do medicated clomid cycle in May.....5) upset because H's cousin is pregnant with baby due 5 days from when I was:( my loss in October ) she needed another one like hole in the head:(.. Going to husbands country albania in April...really need it!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    1. 2ndGeneration  CT

2. Been TTC since Jan of 2013 with two losses...

3. In the TWW. I want to get a FRER. I did use two wondfos but I think I'm imagining how it looks (and ive read they are not reliable). My eyes are as old as my eggs lol. Af is due in a couple days. But I don't want to go buy the FRER in my work uniform or where I might run into anyone I know-crazy I know haha. So for now I'm assuming af is coming.

4.TTC natural. All RE testing came back normal and and I'm 'just old'. The RE has my sense of humor thankfully!

5. My vent is WINTER. So tired of it. I work outside and between the ICE and snow, the walking has been terrible. Now its warmed up so today will be soaking rain on the ice. All you here who are taking vacations to New England-I want one AWAY from here : )

Summer plans-we go to a Christian music festival in Aug in NH that I love.
  • Options

It's Back!!!! :D:D

This is a special weekly check-in for all of us who have crossed into our 40's. We all hang out on TTC after 35, but we all know that once you hit your fabulous 40's and are TTC it is just different.

There is a regular Weekly Check In on Wednesdays for all on this board, so feel free to post on both check ins if you like. If you are completely new to the TTC after 35 board and haven't done a formal intro please do that before posting here!

1. Your Name and/or Screen Name (no full names) and the State you live in.

2. How long have you been TTC?

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? (Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

4. What type of TTC are you doing? (IVF, IUI, Natural... etc)

5. Weekly Vent - Go ahead, vent on one thing that is really irking you this week, promise you will feel better after.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you have any upcoming vacations planned for a little R&R?

1) Sarah, Illinois
    2)  Since May 2013
    3/4) I started stims for IVF yesterday
    5) Upset that my coworker pulled off a manipulative trick today

no upcoming plans on the moment..
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"