Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Starting to feel hopeful again...

I had my D&C yesterday.  This is my second failed pregnancy in 4 months.  I feel much more at peace this time because the D&C cleared everything out and I can move on.  The first one was a natural miscarriage that seemed to never end, and required cytotec to get the remainder out anyway.  

Anyway, I got a call from my family doctor today, not my OB who actually knows my history...she said she saw in the system that I had a D&C yesterday and just wanted to check on me to make sure I was okay physically and emotionally.  I thought that was super sweet firstly, but secondly, she gave me hope.  She told me that even at 37, I am still young and shouldn't feel like I am too old for this (I was beginning to feel like I just had rotten eggs).  She told she just had her second baby at 40, after going through the same loss I did prior to having her second angel.  It is so nice to have hope again.  I wanted to pass that onto all of you because it's important never to lose hope even when something as trying as this happens to us.  ((Hugs)) and prayers to all of you for healthy babies the next time.

Re: Starting to feel hopeful again...

• I'm so sorry for your loss. 

That was really nice that your Dr's office call you to check in. Thanks for sharing your hope after a loss. I miscarried my first pregnancy last week and its great to know that there is still hope out there somewhere.
  • Yay!!  I'm happy you are feeling hopeful.  It seems like such a huge step and I am not quite there yet but I know it takes time. :-)  Thanks for the positive message too!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry for posting a second time but it just occurred to me that I should have also said you are absolutely NOT too old for this at just 37, as your doctor pointed out.  My mom had me at 37 and I have a cousin who gave birth at age 40.  :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Our stories are identical, minus that I'm 33. But exact timing in both my losses, natural the first time and just had my D&C on Thursday. I'm going to start some testing with an RE to see if anythings going on, or if it was just 2 bad eggs :( I know it's so scary cause we're in our 30's. I also have severe endometriosis which counts down the clock for me :(. I believe in miracles and believe there's still hope! We are getting pregnant which is a great sign and they're in the uterus, a 2nd plus.
    Stay strong and message me if anything :)
  • That's amazing. My OB definitely gave me hope at my FU from my D&C and it truly made a difference. Not many people in the medical field have been kind and understanding so I was shocked and so glad to have her in my corner.

I am so sorry for your loss but to have hope is invaluable.

I wish you the best of luck in the future!
  • I'm 37 too! It's good to hear positives, we are still young, I have had days were I feel like, oh no, was this my only chance, but hearing of all the positive outcomes, gives me the hope to get through and move forward....
  • Wonderful news and hope is the most amazing thing to have. I also had my d&c yesterday and feel a sense of relief to be done with losing my baby and able to move on (with a heavy heart of course).
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"