July 2014 Moms
Options

Controversial topic/question

If there's already a post about this I apologize! But I'm really intrerested in hearing everyones view on medical marijuana use during pregnancy? I'm hearing more that its being used for nausea relief. *curious only!* so I had to ask you ladies!
         BabyFruit Ticker
First time Mommy-to-be! So excited to meet my little angel!
~22 years old~
Lucky enough to have married my best friend on 11.19.13

Re: Controversial topic/question

• Options
    I am not at all opposed to medical marijuana use. Many of my patients use it.

But, medical marijuana is still marijuana in some sense. During pregnancy, no thanks.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is be more comfortable with it if it weren't inhaled. Only pill, liquid, or edible.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I don't really know enough to say how I feel about it for other people but I wouldn't be comfortable with it for myself. 
  • Options
    In general, I have no problem with it. However, I have a hard time taking anything during pregnancy. I wouldn't do it now, but if it was still considered safe in 20 years I'd think about it.
  • Options
    My only opinion on things related to do's or don'ts during pregnancy is is it worth the risk? So I guess being someone who got through the yucky feelings and have not had many other issues since first tri I would say it is definitely not worth it. Same with wine etc - yeah I am sure it would be okay and people do worse things but is it worth any risk to my baby? No - so I can wait a few months. I might have a different opinion if I was nauseous the whole time, don't know.

• Options

I have no issues w/med marijuana OR rec use of it. Legalize it, ya'll!

However, I do not partake - I just never really liked it. Trust me, I've TRIED to like it. I prefer my booze.

I would be less angry if I found out DD tried pot than alcohol, only because alcoholism runs in my family and I've had issues with binge drinking, so pot scares me less.

I don't see any issues to use it for nausea relief in pregnancy - it's not like you would need to be hitting a bong 12 times a day. There's a huge difference with taking a few bowl hits in the AM or smoking allllll day long.

I know some close friends and some acquaintances using pot for ms - including a girl who is an OBGYN RN.

I haven't seen any negative side effects personally in my life.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I would not because it makes me paranoid as can be.. I would be a wreck!!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather

Southern CA

2nd Pregnancy

May 2012 -- MC

Due Date July 5, 2014 <--- prayers for sticky baby 

• Options

Not for me, but I am also of the non-lunch meat eating, caffeine avoiding camp. I don't even take tylenol or any of the other "approved" meds unless they are absolutely necessary (for example, a migraine). I am also totally afraid of anything that hasn't had years and years of pregnant women taking it without any proven problems, so something like marijuana, no.

Now, in general, I am all for medical marijuana and even legalized recreational marijuana.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    tealowl said:

I have no issues w/med marijuana OR rec use of it. Legalize it, ya'll!

However, I do not partake - I just never really liked it. Trust me, I've TRIED to like it. I prefer my booze.

I would be less angry if I found out DD tried pot than alcohol, only because alcoholism runs in my family and I've had issues with binge drinking, so pot scares me less.

I don't see any issues to use it for nausea relief in pregnancy - it's not like you would need to be hitting a bong 12 times a day. There's a huge difference with taking a few bowl hits in the AM or smoking allllll day long.

I know some close friends and some acquaintances using pot for ms - including a girl who is an OBGYN RN.

I haven't seen any negative side effects personally in my life.

This. I really really want to like it. I think I would be good at it. But I prefer booze WAY too much.  I wouldn't bat an eyelash at someone that wanted to partake occasionally, as long as it wasn't excessive.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options

I honestly don't know enough about it and long term effect on mom/baby during pregnancy to form an educated opinion about it. For that reason I wouldn't use it personally, but I'd also like to think if someone else was using it they did their research and the benes outweighed the risks.

• Options
    If it is for medical use and prescribed by a doctor and you feel you can't do without it.... Then I would say it is much like any other medication. You take the risk vs the reward and make your choice.
  • Options
    I'm not at all interested in smoking anything during pregnancy. But before that, different story. However, the older I get the less it appeals to me personally, but I certainly believe it has its benefits and needs to be legalized.
  • Options
    As someone who has never smoked pot, does it really, naturally induce paranoia? Is that more likely when mixing pot and alcohol or whatever? I'm a complete pot moron, so any insight would be appreciated. 

I'm all for it for medical purposes if it brings you relief.  

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    No.  As much as it's touted that marijuana is all natural, it's not.  Marijuana is not regulated the same as alcohol and it tends to carry a very high pesticide load.  No way am I putting something unknown into my body.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I think it's probably not for me, but if research showed with some reliability that it's safe and effective, I definitely wouldn't get judgy-pants about other people using it. Although I agree with Ghost, I think I'd feel better about it in some other form -- pill, liquid, etc.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    argonne said:
    No.  As much as it's touted that marijuana is all natural, it's not.  Marijuana is not regulated the same as alcohol and it tends to carry a very high pesticide load.  No way am I putting something unknown into my body.

Drugs like Marinol are made from synthetic cannabinoids, not from the plant itself. It's created in a lab.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    I'm all for medical purposes but not during pregnancy. It's not worth it.
  • Options
    I personally don't use it because I just don't like it and prefer alcohol. I wish I liked it. None of my friends that smoke pot ever wake up the next day saying God I can't believe I said/did that...and I have definitely uttered that phrase a few times after a night of drinking. I think it's a harmless drug and that it should be legalized and taxed. When it comes to pregnancy it's not for me but I don't think I would care if someone else used it. Not my place to judge.
    image.
  • Options
    I would personally not feel comfortable using it during pregnancy. I don't take medicine a lot. I think it us a decision for the patient and their doctor though.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hey ladies, I'm lurking from August 2014 and found my way here from the 2nd tri distaster-thread on this same topic.  I just want to say that it's nice to see you all discussing this rationally, with differing yet respectful opinions. What a relief! I'm not a pot smoker and don't have any medical needs (migranes, morning sickness) that would make me seek out pot for treatment during pregnancy, but I think it's an interesting topic and relevant in my state (WA) now that pot is legal. 

Apparently our state Dept of Health will eventually issue guidelines on use during pregnancy.  There's a long but comprehensive article on the issue here for those interested in further reading:  https://www.seattleschild.com/article/great-ganja-debate (cross posting this article from that other thread).  Anyhow, thank you for making me understand that not everyone is completely paranoid when it comes to this topic!

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"