Trouble TTC

New Plan / OOP injects / questions

Hello all,

So we've decided on a new plan. After IUI#2 was a bust, DH, RE and I decided to try letrozole with partial injects. I'm planning on starting Letrozole tonight (cd3-7) 7.5mg like always. I usually get 1-3 mature follies with this all of which have been unsuccessful. Now I will be also using Follistim 150iu starting cd5. The nurse says I can expect to use Follistim for 4-5 days. I was wondering what your experience was like if you have done this. The Follistim is going to cost us about $550/cartridge. Does this sound right? After Ovidrel and IUI we are looking at about $2000 OOP this month.

Re: New Plan / OOP injects / questions

• Take this with a grain of Canadian salt ;)

I haven't done the hybrid cycles, we did 3 letrozole + TI cycles and we're into our 3rd inject + IUI cycle.  For my injects (Puregon and Lupron), the ovidrel and my clinic does B2B IUIs, it runs us about $2000 a cycle also.  Being OOP sucks, I'm sorry you're in the same boat.  

I hope IUI#3 is your lucky cycle!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

• Also, take a look at the Design RX First Steps program. Since you're OOP, you WILL get a discount- everyone who is OOP and applies gets some sort of discount- with larger discounts going to people who are lower income. 

https://www.fertilitybydesign.com/PatientPortal/Designrx/FirstSteps.aspx

Also, be sure to always request that your doctor orders the 300IU cartridge. I got about an extra 100-125 IU out of each cartridge during my last cycle. Sure, it means two pokes some nights instead of just one- but it's well worth the savings!
    I wonder if any Canadians know of anything similar for us???  Off to Google!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Just got off the phone with literally 30 diff pharmacies. Design rx first steps didn't approve us, but we may be eligible to use design rx for a different discount. I got a quote from village fertility for $262/300iu cartridge. I do have PCOS now I am nervous lol my RE said I can expect a follie count of 6-8 with partial injects. I usually get 1-3 with just letrozole. I'm assuming they will monitor me more closely as I use injects? The nurse said I will probably use for 4-5 days. I'm only buying 2 cartridges because she also mentioned they give extra in 300 iu
  • I use Gonal and I order mine from freedom. Since they overnight it, this month I've only been 1 pen at a time. I had so much med left over last month I decided to try it this way. I'm taking 200iu a day so I ordered a lot because I stimmed for 8 days. I took my last shot tonight and only have 50iu left over WOOHOO!!! I'm such a nerd I find that amusing figuring out how much to order and when.
    Fucking bump!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"