Stay at Home Moms

Hi SAHMs....

I'm just wondering, do any of you do any arts/crafts that you sell? I love to do artwork, and I'm thinking about giving etsy a try after the holidays are through. And DH has finally broke and agreed that if I can make enough money doing some work at home, that I can SAH!!! I'm looking into a few different options, but I really do love art, and always wanted to be an artist.  I know how well you do depends on your talent, but anyone have any input/advice? Any experience with etsy? TIA!

~nicole

Re: Hi SAHMs....

• I'm not sure what etsy is, but I say if you've got talent and you can find a way to sell it, go for it! My only advice is that you will have to spend a whole lot more $$$ in the beginning than you will make. My mom and I started making cards, invitations, journals, etc, that are beautiful and custom made/designed. I pulled out b/c I am just too busy with 4 kids, but she started making a portfolio of her work and then pounding the pavement. Seriously, she went to boutiques, hair salons, specialty stores, anywhere she thought the cards would sell well. She got turned down some of the time, but some shop owners picked up some of her pieces and began selling them (they get a percentage for keeping the cards in stock, and my mom gets the rest) She also developed a website featuring her cards. It's all above advertising and marketing. Good luck!!!
  • Anyone that I know that has actually made any okay money at something like that had a product that was better then anything that you could just go out and buy at a store (better quality or  personalized some how). What kinda art were you thinking?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"