Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C yesterday

Hello. I am new to this board. I am 28... Will be 29 on Friday. My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years and in the last year started talking about having a baby and we decided to start trying in December. We had success and found out we were pregnant in January. My first ultrasound was at 6 weeks and they saw a yolk sac. But not the baby. My dr wanted me to have blood work done to check my hormones.... It came back fine, but she wanted my progesterone levels to be a little higher. 2 days later I had another blood test and my levels had dropped. 3 days later I had an ultra sound and we saw the heartbeat. We were cautiously optimistic, until last Friday. I went in for another ultra sound and the baby had stopped growing and there was no heartbeat. My heart sank and my husband and I were choking back tears while we were being talked to about options. We opted for a d&c, but I had to wait until Monday. The weekend was awful because the baby was still in me all weekend and I was sad, angry, devastated. I can't explain all the emotions... It's just hurts. I guess because I was so excited and started planning out the next few months. Yesterday I went in for surgery and everything went fine. I am sore today and have bleeding. I still am very emotional and am happy that there is this board to share feelings and be supported.

Re: D&C yesterday

• edited February 2014
    I'm so sorry for what you've been through but glad you found this board. I hope you recover quickly (physically) from the D&C. We are always here to talk to and vent to whenever you need.
  • I just had my 1st D&C Thursday, my 1st loss I passed naturally. All the emotions you are feeling are all normal and I can relate. I'm sorry you are going thru this. We are all here for you
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you find support here. The ladies here are amazing. ::hugs::
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• I am so sorry for your loss and for what you have been through. I just went through a similar experience and miscarried last week though no D&C was needed. I am with you about the emotions you feel because I am still going through them now - happy, sad, angry, depressed, ok. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I hope that we can both heal together soon, with time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"