Multiples
Options

NMR: Question/Opinion...

My Aunt's mother passed away this weekend and I wanted to send her something.  I am not a huge fan of sending flowers that ultimately die, so I was going to send a gardenia plant or Harry and David pears.  I was leaning toward the pears, but DH thinks it is weird to send food as a sympathy gift.... what say you?  TIA!

Re: NMR: Question/Opinion...

• Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited February 2014
    I think food is pretty common, actually. People seeking comfort often turn to food.

We've taken to making donations on behalf of our deceased loved ones and sending a card with details about our donation and why the loved one inspired us to donate to that particular cause, in lieu of flowers. For family members we've lost to cancer, we did donations to groups that fund cancer research and a local medical school. For a friend who passed due to lung disease he developed due to agent orange exposure in the VNW, we donated to VVA. For my cousin, we donated clothes and food to local homeless shelters. 

I am in full agreement with NOT giving flowers. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options

I really like that idea, thank you!  I never thought of that, but that is so much more meaningful better than flowers.   She did ultimately pass from cancer too, so maybe I can make a donation in her name to somewhere relevant.

Thanks again :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited February 2014
    <3 may good memories be with your loved ones as they mourn. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    My BIL passed away in May, and my SIL was so happy to receive fresh fruit from someone (people brought lasagnas, pizza, etc, but nothing quick and healthy like fruit). I would do the pears! Or a mix of fresh fruit.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"