Trouble TTC
Options

In Need of Some Encouragement

Alright ladies, especially those of you that have been on/are on Femara, I am in need of some encouragement. Last night I started my first pill of what will be a hybrid cycle of Femara and injections, before we attempt, once again, to IUI. (Last cycle I ovulated before the IUI could be performed) I know I should be excited, and I'm literally saying it out loud in the car to try to "think positive" but I am just feeling so defeated. Last month's canceled IUI, combined with the clomid "feels", plus a ton of other stress I had going on got me so down, and now instead of being hopeful for this new cycle I am feeling so bleak. Do any of you have any motivational tips or tricks to drag you out of the Debbie Downer mode? Thanks in advance for your help. Stupid sad IF days.
TTC #1 since 3/2013 / 13 cycles in
Me: 32 / DH: 36 (Low counts, varicocele)                                       
1/2014 - 50 mg Clomid / Ovulated before IUI could be performed = BFN 2/2014
2/2014 - 5 mg Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI =  Blood test 14dpo confirmed BFP 3/17/14

Re: In Need of Some Encouragement

• Options
    So sorry you're having a rough day. ((HUGS))
    When I'm feeling down I play with my dog. I swear it is impossible to be mad/sad/upset when gives me his puppy eyes! I swear he smiles at me when he's really happy, and it melts my heart.
    FX for you. Hopefully this IUI will do the trick.

*****Siggy Warning*****

Toby        image

Me:28 DH:28
    TTC #1 since Nov '12
    DX: Non-IR PCOS & Hypothyroidism 
    BFP: 11/7/13 EDD: 7/18/14 Ectopic Tubal Surgery 12/18 
    2/5 HSG all clear!
    Femara 5mg + Trigger + IUI #1- 5 = BFN
    IVF #1 - 17R 15M 11F - Transferred 1 beautiful hatching blast on 9/26    4 Frosties
    Beta (10dp5dt) = 166  Beta #2 (12dp5dt) = 284  Beta #3 (14dp5dt) = 471  Beta #4 (18dp5dt) = 2032
    EDD: 6/14/15
    ~All are welcome~

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies, especially hearing that Femara seems to be working better for you. Great idea working on some crafts @NariaDreaming!
    2/2014 - 5 mg Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI =  Blood test 14dpo confirmed BFP 3/17/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry you're having such a tough time!  I don't have experience with Femara, but I certainly can empathize with the down days (yesterday was a bad one).  I try to let myself have a couple hours to really pity myself, indulge a bit in trashy tv or fun pick-me-up movies (old ones with dancing, like Footloose and Grease, work great for me), and sometimes indulge in a little junk food I wouldn't normally let myself enjoy.  After I cry it out a little, I try to pick myself back up and move forward.  It helps if I can think of a plan or do something small to move forward with the process, such as scheduling an appointment or doing some research.  DH really helps me with that.  Then I do something easy and productive (the craft idea was great, or go for a walk, or make a nice meal) that can help me feel a little accomplished.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image image
    TTC since October 2012
    Me:  Ovulatory dysfunction, hypothyroid.  DH:  Normal!
    Treatment:  Levothyroxine for thyroid; starting Clomid early 2015.
    PAIF/SAIF All Welcome!
  • Options
    calindi said:
    I am ovulating today from a Femara and Follistim cycle. I didn't have any emotional roller coaster from the drugs, just sore ovaries (and headaches from Femara). Have hope! Hybrid cycles work for a lot of people (but I am with you that it's hard to hope after so many months of BFNs) Good luck!
    I'm going to do a hybrid cycle next, too :) I've heard good things about it (Femara + Follistim).  Good luck, OP!  Try to stay positive!  I know it's tough.  I tell myself that every BFN disappointment will make my real BFP all the sweeter.  In the meantime, indulge in some mindless entertainment and try spending time with friends and family.  That helps me get through.
  • Options
    LeelaRunsLeelaRuns member
    edited February 2014
    @wishiwaspreggo Good luck to you on your cycle too, and thanks for the encouragement!

@bocaburger if only I could take a walk outside without my face freezing off! LOL! :)

To all - Feeling MUCH better today, and still not feeling any negative effects from the Femara; fingers crossed!

• Options
    Femara worked wonders for me! I did 3 cycles of Clomid maxing out at 150mg my last cycle and I did not respond at all. With Femara + Menopur I have had multiple mature follicles the past two cycles. Good luck to you!

EDD 12/13/14
    It's a girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"