Baby Showers

Second baby "sprinkle" shower question.

I know from everything that I have seen here that showers for second babies are frowned upon.  In my family and circle of friends second baby showers are the norm with some adjustments.  My sister is pregnant with her second baby.  Baby #1 was a boy an so is baby #2 .  She told me early on she did not expect a shower for second baby.  She kept all baby items from her first son.  Since having him she has switched jobs and has new friends too.  Some of her friends that attended the shower for son # 1 have been asking who is throwing her shower and offering to throw one if no one else is.  Some of her newer friends said that they did not know her when she had her first son so they want to throw a baby shower to celebrate the new baby.  They have decided to do a sprinkling/diaper shower.   I am also pregnant and on bedrest so have a lot of free time to help with invitations and such.  I was wondering if anyone has any advice for wording for the invitations?  They want to include things like diapers, wipes, lotion, baby wash etc.  The guest list will be relatively small with the people being invited being people who have expressed intrest in attending a second baby shower.

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Second baby "sprinkle" shower question.

• Based off your description, I think that everyone would know that she has the big stuff, and that consumables and clothes are all she'd need. If anyone doesn't, they'll likely ask when they RSVP. Then, you could mention that she needs diapers and other consumables.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Do not mention gifts in any way. If she would rather have diapers and wipes, either inform guests when they ask what she needs, or advise she register only for those small things.

• Based off your description, I think that everyone would know that she has the big stuff, and that consumables and clothes are all she'd need. If anyone doesn't, they'll likely ask when they RSVP. Then, you could mention that she needs diapers and other consumables.

I think you are right, the only people involved/invited are her family and friends who want to do this so they should know or will ask.

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Another sweet smile to brighten our day,
    Another tiny hand to hold along the way! 
    (Parents names) are excited to say,
    (Sibling name) has a new baby (sister or brother) on the way!

This way you're not stating what people should buy for the MTB. 
  • I wouldn't even do invitations. If her group of friends wants to get together to celebrate the pregnancy then they can get together! Set a date and make some food. That's all there really is to it! 
  • I too had no idea that 2nd showers were considered tacky. Where I'm from its perfectly normal, not just my family  but all my friends and acquaintances as well. I think if it is the norm in your circle then it is fine but I do think it is tacky to request certain types of gifts. Just save receipts for everything and return what you don't need or donate what you can't return.
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Another sweet smile to brighten our day,
    Another tiny hand to hold along the way! 
    (Parents names) are excited to say,
    (Sibling name) has a new baby (sister or brother) on the way!

This way you're not stating what people should buy for the MTB. 
    I don't remember OP asking how to write a birth announcement for a second child.
    That is not a birth announcement. It was listed as an shower initiation on etsy.  
  • Typically a birth announcement would be AFTER the birth of the child with the baby's name/weight/dob/etc.  It reads like an invitation that does not state "I want diapers".

• ktlucas said:

Typically a birth announcement would be AFTER the birth of the child with the baby's name/weight/dob/etc.  It reads like an invitation that does not state "I want diapers".

You are missing the point. An invitation would include the words "you are invited" or "join us".

No point not missed. Words can be added. I made a suggestion get over it.
  • We just had a small "shower" for a friend's baby #2.  Our invitation read...

"Little babies are so much fun "insert Mom name" is having another one!"

"Big brother "sibling name" has plenty to share, this is only a sprinkle to show that we care.  Please join us to celebrate before her baby boy is due and share in the joy of baby number two!"
  • ktlucas said:
    Typically a birth announcement would be AFTER the birth of the child with the baby's name/weight/dob/etc.  It reads like an invitation that does not state "I want diapers".
    You are missing the point. An invitation would include the words "you are invited" or "join us".
    No point not missed. Words can be added. I made a suggestion get over it.
    Then the next time you copypasta from Etsy, add the wording to make it applicable to the situation. I know going out of your way to do anything like add words or open gifts is difficult for you, but I'm sure you will get over it.
    My opinion on display showers has nothing to do with this thread.  What's your point?  Just to start shit?  You really must not have anything better to do with your time.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"