May 2013 Moms
Options

1 year old cake smash

Who is doing a cake smash for their LO's first birthday? I really want to. I am trying to decide whether its worth paying $160 for a professional photographer or if I should just take the pictures myself? I have a good camera and stuff to use for a back ground, I mean really do they just snap pictures of my kid destroying a cake right? How hard can it be to take those pictures?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 year old cake smash

• Options
    I plan on taking my own pictures of the cake smashing and party. Professional photographers can do an amazing job and get wonderful pictures but I prefer to do my own at her birthday. I have seen great pictures taken by parents and other relatives so I won't pay the extra money. I see nothing wrong with paying if someone wants to.

I am going to have a professional photographer on a different day. We will get pictures of A amd family pictures as well.
  • Options
    That's what my thoughts were too. I'm by no means an expert photographer but I'm also not completely illiterate. I just think with another baby on the way there is lots of opportunity for professional pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a photographer friend that is really reasonably priced, so we will go through her.  I am using the cake smash photos for Annabelle's birthday invite and will be doing some family pictures beforehand. 
  • Options
    c-elizabethfc-elizabethf member
    edited February 2014
    I'm getting her 1st birthday pictures done Saturday for her birthday invites. I do photography and I'm not taking them because dh and I will be in them. But I'm not doing a cake smash, I will take those photos on her first birthday party :)
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    At his party we will take our own pictures. I got a really good DSLR camera for Christmas and have been taking a course so hopefully I will not suck. We will get professional 1 year pictures done separately. For the cake smash I think it's better if they look like mom and dad took them.
  • Options
    We want to video ours, so we will probably just take some stills from the video.  We were going to just take pictures, but when DD tries new foods, she makes sound effects.  I feel like that needs to be captured.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are wanitng to get pro family pics done just before his first b-day.  I was thinking just do a cake smash then.  But we will prob just do the cake smash pics at home since DH takes great pics anyways.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I have a very nice dslr camera so will be taking our own pictures of the cake smash.  We are having another baby in June so I will have her one year pictures taken when we do our newborn shoot.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of getting it done professionally before/after her birthday. We will video her party and hand out disposable cameras to everyone there. It's all in the air at the minute so my ideas could drastically change.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"