Parenting after a Loss

***Healthy Living Check In***

Happy Sunday ! I had a busy week this week with the new job. In some ways it was great because I 'm busy and not snacking. In other ways it was crazy because I didn't eat until later and probably ate way more than I would have.

Anyways...I hope everyone had a great week. Anyone can join-the only focus here are lifestyle choices to be healthier this year. You can do whatever diet that you like.

-How successful were you this week with your plan? Any challenges?

-Were you able to get out and do any physical activity this week?

GTKY If you could change anything in your life-what would it be?
TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: ***Healthy Living Check In***

• FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited February 2014
    This week I did great on the no French fry thing. I did break down and get fF dressing on a wrap though. My biggest success is I'm within 15 lbs of my starting weight with DS2. My biggest challenge is my confidence, as clothes shopping is no fun right now and DH asks when #3 is due. :(

The good news is that the boys & I had a wonderful walk while the weather was in the 50s earlier today. (it's snowing again now-forecast said rain) I've had some luck playing soccer in the house with DS. So far so good. I really am looking forward to spring, I just hope I look decent.

The only thing in my life I wish I could change really would be that I cared less what people thought.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • martinimommamartinimomma member
    edited February 2014

I did pretty well on WW over the past week, down another 1.4 lbs.Weekends are always a challenge, so we will see what the scale says this Thursday. DH tried hard to keep our meals WW friendly but it is tough sometimes.

Zero physical activity again this week. I am pretty sure I won't be getting any exercise till the weather warms up and we can go for walks on the weekend. There is just not enough time during the week to do it. This weekend was especially sedentary as both kids have head colds. I just got over one and now I think I'm getting theirs. Good times.

Wow the GTKY is a toughie! I think I'd want to have less anxiety so that i could enjoy life more. I am a pretty risk averse and cautious person as a result and always have been - and you can miss out on a lot of life if you choose to pretty much always sit on the sidelines where it is safe.

Second answer is "I'd be younger"! Maybe it's the cold and being pent up in the house but I am BEAT and feeling every one of my almost 44 years lately. I wonder how I am going to keep up with them in a few years. @-)

ETA apologies for the wall of text. Neither iPad nor phone will let me space it out appropriately. EDITED AGAIN - Think I got the spacing fixed.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • dillngr9 said:

FmrAFBrat - the other day, I was washing dishes and L said, "there's a baby in your belly!"  I asked him why he said that and he quickly clarified that it was because I had a big belly.  Ugh.  I sent him to his room and told him it's not nice to say things like that to people.  Anyway, you should obviously kick your DH in the shins when he makes comments like that.  He should know better!!

You would think he'd know better. FWIW his mom weighs 80lbs on a fat day so he has no "normal" concept of what someone should weigh. My MIL wears a size 0, but makes comments on weight all the time so I'm pretty sure where the jabs have started.

TTC January 2010
  • Michbot12 said:
     I am only down a half pound since last week.  Weekends are always a challenge since we eat out more but I have been on track during the week. 

Hey lady - don't discount "only" a half pound!  That's still a half a pound gone!

I try to remember (and have trouble doing so!) that this is a marathon, and not a sprint -- slow, steady weight loss and a change in eating habits is what can win the race in the long term.  I didn't gain all the weight in a month, and it is not going to be gone in a month if I want it to stay gone.  It is frustrating and can feel slow, but it works.  I lost 25 lbs on WW on the "old"point system before getting pregnant with DS, and I felt and looked good.  I am using that as my motivational reminder that any loss is a good loss, and any gain is a good reminder that I need to pay more attention to what I'm eating/tracking. 

((Hugs)) and sending a virtual 0-point cookie your way.  :)

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• dillngr9 said:
    I missed last week but I think I subconsciously did it on purpose because I knew I had sucked the week before.

This is me.  I'm really proud of all of your ladies on your progress, but I've been avoiding this post because I gained 2 lbs.  So, I don't have much to update... I will say I'm stepping it up this week so let's hope next week I can do a real update for this check in.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"