VBAC
Options

Is it even possible?

Hi! I have a now 19 month old son. He will be 22 1/2 months when baby #2 is due. With my first I was induced at 9 days past my due date and again at 10 days past. I had a total of 5 doses of gel. Nothing happened. No labour, no dilation... Nothing. I am now given the option of trying for a vbac but my doctor has told me it's highly unlikely I'll go into labour... Anyone with an experience like this? I would really like to have this baby vaginally as I am still not over the fact that I couldn't do it the first time. The whole situation just upsets me. I just feel like it's never going to happen. If I have a repeat section it is scheduled for 38-39 weeks. My baby was 6 lbs 10 oz at 10 days overdue so this worries me also. He also had the cord wrapped around his neck twice at delivery. Any success stories with their first never going into labour at all? Thanks!

Re: Is it even possible?

• Options
    I don't have a success story but a medical condition called Cholestatis which makes me always have to deliver early -36-37 weeks. So I would have to likely be induced but did you try any homeopathic things to help you. Raspberry leaf tea and evening prim rose oil are supposed to help prepare you for labor and the oil helps your cervix ripen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I tried both :( nothing. Our doctor is pretty sure I'm just one of those people that can't have babies vaginally. Thank you for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"