Two Under 2

Cries with DH

DH had no trouble with DS when I went back to work from ML. I only work three mornings a week for four hours. DD is two months old and I stared back to work a week ago. DD is breastfeed and gets very frustrated with the bottle when DH gives her pumped milk while I'm at work. After some crying she will eventually take it. That alone is stressful but now the last two times I went to work DH calls me while I'm there to tell me DD has been crying inconsolably for over thirty minutes and he can't get her to calm down no matter what he tries. He just tells me that she wants me and that she eventually cries herself to sleep because she gets so upset without me there. So of course then I'm super upset and stressed out at work because I know she is crying for me. I feel as though DH really wants me to quit work because she acts this way with him. I just don't know what to do. I don't want her upset and him all stressed out. At the same time I enjoy my three mornings out because that's the only time I get out of the house without kids during the week and it helps me get a break. I might work one morning day and see if she still acts this way and if she does I might have to quit. Any one else go through this? Thanks!

Re: Cries with DH

• Someone on another board was dealing with this and I suggested to wrap her in a shirt you wore, or some garment with your scent.This will make it seem like she is close to you and may not fuss as much. I have heard that it works but every baby is different. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • DH cuddles with DD with my pillow lying in bed and she'll fall right to sleep
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"