March 2012 Moms
Options

You know you are CRAzY about your kid....when you....

WipzWipz member
edited February 2014 in March 2012 Moms
.....decide to build a castle.... in a 2 bedroom apartment lol  Yup I am onto a new project.. a wooden castle.  It's slow progress due to space and time and a monster on the loose.. but he is enjoying it, even in its rough stages... it will get finished eventually, hopefully before he gets too tall for it haha. 

So what CrAzy things have you done for your kids amusement....?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: You know you are CRAzY about your kid....when you....

• Options
    Wow! You are so crafty. I can only hang pictures :(
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome!

Not so much crazy but DD insists that I dance with her stuff moose (called Bear) when I turn on music to dance with her. She throws a fit if I try to dance with her so she gives me Bear and she takes Bucky (her special monkey) and we dance around the living room. There were no stuffed animals left so DH had to dance with the cat. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome!

Not so much crazy but DD insists that I dance with her stuff moose (called Bear) when I turn on music to dance with her. She throws a fit if I try to dance with her so she gives me Bear and she takes Bucky (her special monkey) and we dance around the living room. There were no stuffed animals left so DH had to dance with the cat. lol
    That must have been a sight .. good for DH lol

• Options
    LilNunz1 said:
    Wow! You are so crafty. I can only hang pictures :(
    I miss my old house in the UK..I had a dedicated craft room and tools up the wazoo.. now I have to rely on Home Depot to cut all my lumber.  But I truly am grateful for them, we have one young guy there who usually cuts my wood, he is so patient and super helpful with all my Crazy requests :)  

All I pretty much have to do is lay out the design and screw it all together.. This one will require a bit more work than the giant toy box tho  LOL
  • Options

I understand being short on room. Our place is tiny. However, I have dedicated a significant amount of room to a reading area and an art area for the kids. DH complains a bit but he enjoys watching DS use the space.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Zimger said:

I understand being short on room. Our place is tiny. However, I have dedicated a significant amount of room to a reading area and an art area for the kids. DH complains a bit but he enjoys watching DS use the space.

We too have dedicated a significant amount of space for the munchkin.. it's called "a two bedroom apartment"  LOL  My DH has been awesome.. only just recently mentioned anything about sorting through his old stuff to find a new home for some stuff.  

He hasn't once Vetoed any plans I had to make, buy or do anything for the lil guy .. no matter HOW CrAzy they sometimes are.  I have learnt to build up and make the most of dead wall space LOL  All TV's are wall mounted or projectors, we have cube shelving  up the wazoo.. heh.. whatever works  :)

He was all for the filling of the front room with balloons st Christmas and they both had a blast with those.. .. I guess I am lucky that my DH trusts my judgement when it comes to what I buy or do, usually it's stuff that will grow with him and has multiple uses/benefits.  Because we don't use day care, I go out of my way to find things that will help make life easier for DH, whilst still being beneficial to the lil guy as far as skills and education goes.
  • Options
    Wipz said:
    That's pretty awesome!

That must have been a sight .. good for DH lol

Well, it helped him realize that I wasn't kidding when I said it was time for him to trim Calico's claws. hahahaha

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Anything silly that makes DS laugh. Hopping like a frog, walking like a crab, pretending he makes me fall down (the kid is into physical humor, haha!). I am a pretty reserved person so this all is definitely out of my normal comfort zone, but getting that full belly laugh from DS is totally worth it. :)
  • Options
    fanofannefanofanne member
    edited February 2014
    that is freaking awesome!  i'm so jealous!  like a pp said, i can only hang pictures too :( and only with that sticky gummy stuff. 
    anyway, my kids love it when i put their socks on my ears (so they're hanging off my ears) and crawl around on all fours making snorting noises. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"