October 2014 Moms

When did your food aversions start?

This is my first pregnancy and I know everybody is different, but was curious...when did your aversions/cravings really kick in?

Re: When did your food aversions start?

• At 13DPO (so not even 4 weeks pregnant), I opened a drawer at work that contains my snacks (cinnamon raisin english muffins in particular), and the smell of cinnamon nearly made me vomit. Ever since, cinnamon is a no-go.
    ---

• This is the first pregnancy that I've had strong aversions. They started right away, around 4 weeks. I would love some cravings but instead I'm repulsed by certain foods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday.  5w3d.  With my last pregnancy it wasn't until around 7w.
  • Only recently. I heated up a spinach artichoke dip and the amount of garlic in it was horrific. I almost threw up the moment I opened the microwave.

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• 4 weeks. it is how I realized I was pregnant and that my first negative test must have been wrong. I took a test after finishing the pot pie (between gagging) and it was positive!
    Raw chicken kills me every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 6 weeks to the day. I find I'm ok if I keep eating periodically. Light meals more often. If I go more than a couple hours without something, I feel like barfing every time I think about eating something. Like today-- I had a breakfast sandwich and tea when I got up, a granola bar an hour or so later, some crackers and juice, then an english muffin, yogurt, and fruit for lunch. But then I dozed off while LO was napping and woke up feeling disgusting. At which point, I had to force something down for dinner to feel better.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 5/4/11 -- DD born 34w5d 12/4/11
    BFP #2 2/4/14 -- EDD 10/13/14
  • With my first pregnancy, it didn't start until 10 weeks or so but it lasted the whole time: pizza and pasta. The smell was an instant reaction and the idea of either made me gag.

This time, around 5 weeks. So far it's eggs, avocado, tomato, spinach, and chocolate. Bizarre.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • About 5 weeks for aversions - chicken and onions are big ones right now.  Cravings - anything with lots of salt in it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Almost right at the start. I had really bad food aversions with my first. They're just as bad this time. I feel like NOTHING appeals to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    EDD: 10/10/14
    Mommy to Jake, born 12/19/12
  • About 7 wks. There's no rhyme or reason to what will taste good/gross me out.
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• With my DD it wasn't until 8 or 9 weeks. I couldn't do anything green and I normally love my veggies. I had brought broccoli, celery, and hummus to work and when I took the first bite I thought I was going to puke. I couldn't even swallow it. From then until about 12-13 weeks I had to avoid everything green and thought I was going to kick my husband out the night he came home and cooked broccoli and the whole house reeked of it! I'm only 6 weeks right now and while I'm not sure if it will continue to be an aversion, I had to skip my lunch today because the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for my salad leaked into my lunch box and the smell of it and everything in there made me feel sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not until last week...6w

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• First one was in week 5 I believe. But this week (week 7) they're really starting to hit hard.
  • 5th week and still going strong...
    Started TTC August 2012. BFP 10/17/12...natural MC on 10/23/12, Missing our little bean every day!  11/13-started seeking help at fertility clinic. Me: 29 (ovulation/menstrual irregularities, HSG clear), DH: 31 (1% morphology, rest is normal) 
     SHOCKING BFP during cycle prior to IUI #1 on 1-26-14. Beta 1: 39.1, Beta 2: 100, Beta 3: 234.5!!! keep growing little one! EDD 10/7/14BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I got my first twang of nausea today, although I was stuck on a hot plane waiting to get off.  Wondering when my food aversions will kick in...boo.

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• for me not til 6th week 
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • Fish starting smelling horrible right away both pregnancies. Maybe 4 weeks.

• First pregnancy, it was closer to 7 weeks. This pregnancy, they probably started a week ago, which would be 6 weeks.

Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• My sickness/aversions stated with DD1 around 7 weeks. I couldn't stand sugar or meat. And has morning sickness so bad I nearly ended up in the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right away prob abt 4 wks w DS. This time it seems that aversions have gotten severe around 6 wks a little before. Ugh!
  • Min started before I knew I was preggo. I suddenly couldn't start cooking and the sight of meat makes me want to hurl. It is still a problem and my poor husband hasn't had a decent home cooked meal in a month.
  • WIth DS my aversion to cheese was what prompted DH to convince me to POAS at 5w.  This time, I'll be 7w tomorrow and nothing sounds good, but I haven't encountered any legitimate aversions just yet.
  • Six weeks, literally the day I turned six weeks. Same day the nausea started.

image image image

• 5 weeks! I'm 8w2d now & still gagging (particularly with meat,garlic,lots of spice, eggs). I'm gagging writing this..
  • My husband has a sweet tooth and I don't. Lately I have wanted ice cream, shakes, cinnabon... This baby will be taking after his father apparently. I will never have a chance of getting any ice cream in the future. Probably for the best.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• I can't remember when but last time any raw veggies made me have a rotten veggie taste in the back if my throat so I ate nothing raw once I figured that out, and I was sick well into my second tri. Also bananas made me hurl so I won't go near one, I even had one a few months ago and it gave me the worst stomach cramps so I guess I'm just permanently allergic to bananas now, which is sad because today I was dreaming of a banana split. Today my aversion was water which was not good because of dehydration. I was finally able to drink some with ice in it.
  • GromMom said:
    I can't remember when but last time any raw veggies made me have a rotten veggie taste in the back if my throat so I ate nothing raw once I figured that out, and I was sick well into my second tri. Also bananas made me hurl so I won't go near one, I even had one a few months ago and it gave me the worst stomach cramps so I guess I'm just permanently allergic to bananas now, which is sad because today I was dreaming of a banana split. Today my aversion was water which was not good because of dehydration. I was finally able to drink some with ice in it.
    I've had an aversion to raw veggies with both my pregnancies since about week 5, which is definitely a downer when trying to keep the nutrient count up.  I'm substituting with more steamed and baked veggies, but a salad would be so much easier! 

And interesting you mention bananas, I'm living in Ukraine and my doctor actually told me to avoid bananas because of the chemicals.  I ignored her, but maybe your body and my doctor know something we don't!

• Pretty much right away I didn't want to see chocolate- all that lovely Christmas chocolate is still sitting around :(  But then at about 4 or 5 weeks it really kicked in- the thought of anything other than fresh fruits, veggies, and limeade was baaad. And still is. Joy.
  • Mine started around 6 weeks.  Pretty much nothing appeals to me.  I can't even look at stir fry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"