May 2012 Moms
Options

While we're on a posting roll

Just a random share. For Valentines Day, DH got me a gift certificate to get my hair cut and dyed at this super expensive, fancy, hair salon/spa downtown. I'm pretty excited, mainly because my hair is so overdue for a cut my split ends are making me look a little like Dana Carvey in Waynes World. Also I've had virtually the same hair cut for 15 years just alternating between short bangs and long layered bangs. Time to shake it up.

I've been looking at pictures but it's hard to decide what I want. I'm thinking of just letting her do what she thinks would look good on me. May as well take advantage of her talents since it's going to cost so much money. Maybe I'm just biased because my mother is a hairdresser who has been basically the only person to cut my hair my whole life except for exactly 1 time. We'll see how this goes! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: While we're on a posting roll

• Options
    Enjoy! I haven't gotten mine cut since November.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh fun!! I donate mine every year and a half to three year and I'm getting ready to do it again. I love it long but it's time to donate it before it starts breaking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bellelamb my sister donates her hair often. I wish I could but I don't have nice thick hair like her. My hair is so fine and thin that it gets to just past my shoulders in length, and it starts to break off. It would probably take me 5 years to grown enough hair for them to use (isn't it like 10 inches they need minimum) and then they would probably ditch it anyway since it's so broken and mangled looking.

• Options
    Fun! I love changing my hair and totally zone-out-relax when getting my hair cut or colored. What a great gift. DH did good for you.  Going to a new hairdresser is definitely a good way to get a different look. When we go to the same person over and over, they tent to be much more conservative when you ask for something different. My hair dresser refuses to cut my hair short, though I have asked her to the last three times. (I've had my hair much shorter so I know how it would look) I am completely tempted to have my hubby buzz down the back and sides for a throw back late 80's style.

• Options
    Fun! I love changing my hair and totally zone-out-relax when getting my hair cut or colored. What a great gift. DH did good for you.  Going to a new hairdresser is definitely a good way to get a different look. When we go to the same person over and over, they tent to be much more conservative when you ask for something different. My hair dresser refuses to cut my hair short, though I have asked her to the last three times. (I've had my hair much shorter so I know how it would look) I am completely tempted to have my hubby buzz down the back and sides for a throw back late 80's style.

• Options

• Options
    AAAAAA posting issues much???? Sorry ladies

• Options
    Have fun!! I think that it is a good idea to see what she thinks would look good on you.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Back and feeling relaxed. Now I know why they charge so much, a hand, head and shoulder massage later. I'm really happy with it! It's much darker than I ever would have had the guts to ask for but I'm also coming from being blond, so maybe I'm just not used to it. She did a long bob with side swept bangs. I think it's the perfect amount of change for me since I don't adapt well to change lol. 

• Options
    Yay so happy you like it!!

Littlered- I donate to Pantene beutiful lenghts their minimum is 8 inches I normall do 10, this time I'm just doing 8 though.
  • Options
    Yay! So happy you had a great experience. That was an awesome gift. I might have to put a bug in DH's ear that I want this for mother's day. 

@bellelamb do you know if you can donate dyed hair? I heard somewhere that you can't donate dyed hair. 

• Options

Yay! So happy you had a great experience. That was an awesome gift. I might have to put a bug in DH's ear that I want this for mother's day. 

@bellelamb do you know if you can donate dyed hair? I heard somewhere that you can't donate dyed hair. 

No sorry they won't take dyed hair since it takes at least four pony tales per wig so they are all bleached and redyed the same and dyed hair doesn't react as well to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"