Baby Showers
Options

Reasons NOT to follow your pregnant sisters Pinterest boards...

mjberube89mjberube89 member
edited February 2014 in Baby Showers
Putting aside the actual cute baby pictures and helpful tips, my sis pins some pretty ridiculously stupid (and sometimes tacky) baby shower shiz. *Disclaimer: my sister is, IN NO WAY, planning her own shower. My mother and I are co-hosting and planning every single aspect. She is/was not involved at all aside from helping choose the date and giving me a list of friends she would like invited.*

Exhibit A:

Um ewww...

Exhibit B:

Am I the only one who finds this odd? Like, I wouldn't want some plastic baby floating around in my drink... Kinda gross...

And I can't even explain the other crap. She had a pin about doing a diaper raffle and also one for a "split the pot" thing where guests put in money for a chance to guess the baby's due date and the person closest to the correct date and time would then "split the pot" of money with the new parents. Yeah no. Nope. Not gonna happen. Homie don't play that.

PS... If you get that reference, I love you. Lol.

Re: Reasons NOT to follow your pregnant sisters Pinterest boards...

• Options

Ew. I hate most games in general.

My friend did the baby ice cube one, but we didn't put it in our drinks, we had to figure out a way to melt them. Whoever melted theirs the fastest won. I stuck mine in a drinking fountain, SO I WON!

Those diapers are really cute, I think they could be used another way other than making them look like shit is in it.

FYI - I totally got the Homie reference!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJM3108MJM3108 member
    edited February 2014
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    At first, I thought the felt diapers were life-size, and the guests were actually wearing them diaper style! There were so many extra weirdnesses to that that I'm actually feeling better about the little pin idea. I mean, at least nobody has to stain her pants in the process!
  • Options
    At first, I thought the felt diapers were life-size, and the guests were actually wearing them diaper style! There were so many extra weirdnesses to that that I'm actually feeling better about the little pin idea. I mean, at least nobody has to stain her pants in the process!

No...but one may stain a shirt or two vomiting at the idea....

• Options

Yessss!! Lol.
  • Options

No...but one may stain a shirt or two vomiting at the idea....

Oooh, sounds like the theme of another really fun shower game... Partner up and clean the vomit off each other with little burp cloths! Cheap and easy, because you could just have everyone bring a pack of burp cloths in addition to their gifts and books and stuff!
  • Options
    I was at a shower once where the guests were asked to play this really bizarre and gross game:

We were all given big pieces of pink Bubble Yum gum. We had to chew it up, then take it out of our mouths and sculpt it into the shape of a baby.

The person who made the most realistic looking baby won a prize. I gagged at this because I am a bit of a germaphobe. And I noticed that several people did not wash their hands after the game. Yuck.
  • Options
    I went to a shower where actual diapers were smeared with different melted chocolate bars and everyone had to guess what they all were by smell/possibly taste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• Options
    I was at a shower once where the guests were asked to play this really bizarre and gross game: We were all given big pieces of pink Bubble Yum gum. We had to chew it up, then take it out of our mouths and sculpt it into the shape of a baby. The person who made the most realistic looking baby won a prize. I gagged at this because I am a bit of a germaphobe. And I noticed that several people did not wash their hands after the game. Yuck.

Oh, god. :-&
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would feel like a serious asshole yelling "My water broke!"
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did the ice cube thing at one shower. We were given the cubes in little cups, though, so we didn't have to do anything weird with them.

Shoot me but I think the diaper pind are cute... I'd probably just do a little sticker inside than anything poopy, though. Fake poop at baby showers is so gross.
  • Options
    Who is it that thinks putting chocolate in a diaper represents baby poop? Have they never changed a diaper? Obviously the diaper should be smeared with Dijon mustard.

This is a somewhat common game where I'm from, and yes, they almost always used mustard at the baby showers in my hometown. 

No joke.

As a kid, I thought it was hilarious.   :-S

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I recently went to a shower where you were put back to back with someone, blindfolded, & covered in clothes pins. You had to frisk one another & get as many clothespins as you could in a certain time. ... Super Awkward!
  • Options
    I don't like any of these ideas but maybe I'm too traditional.
  • Options
    My SIL sent me the baby in the ice cube thing with something like, "I think this is a great idea for your baby shower!"  I quickly told the other three hosts that although I really have zero say, I think the idea is horrible and gross. I would hate having a plastic baby float around in my drink! 

I have to say they all created a Pinterest Board for my shower and wanted me to see what they were pinning. Half the ideas are horrible games, diaper raffle ideas, etc. I just sit here praying they all realize how tacky these things are and decide not to do them afterall. At the end of the day I realize I have no control over it and will just enjoy the ride. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    That's exactly what I thought when I read the description.  I was actually (and weirdly) RELIEVED when I saw the picture.

Still an awful/tacky game.  Wow!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"