Chemical pregnancy #2; link between having had Mirena and also an anterior lift for cystocele? — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Chemical pregnancy #2; link between having had Mirena and also an anterior lift for cystocele?

I am 41. My husband and I have a 3 year old son. Getting pregnant with him with was effortless. I had no symptoms just was late. Up until then, that was my first pregnancy. Had been on the pill for 16 years. First month off...pregnant with our son.

After he was born I had a Mirena IUD placed. It caused a ton of bleeding, I feel horrible with it and so after several months I had it removed. During the time after I had my son I had terrible urinary incontinence to the point where I couldn't live my live. I had been in labor for 16 hours; pushed for nearly 3 and had a 2nd degree midline tear. It was interfering with EVERYTHING. I went ahead and had a TVT (transvaginal taping)/ mid-uretheral sling placed and an anterior lift performed for cystocele.  Of course they "advise" that you not get pregnant again, but lots do and just have to have a c-section. We knew we wanted at least one more child and were fine with having to have a c-section.

We tried to conceive last March. I am in healthcare and tested early as to be aware of what patients I could and couldn't see early in pregnancy. 3 tests later I had a dull positive. A week later I started bleeding lightly at first. Thought it was just implantation bleeding. But by the second day it was bright red and more like a period. I had had a chemical pregnancy. It devastated me but I also didn't allow myself to grieve the loss. I had just moved across the country (active duty husband) and started a new job). I am the oldest of all my friends who seem to "spit out" babies effortlessly. It finally caught up with me and I feel apart. Was this the result of something I had done or had done to me (i.e Mirena or the surgery)?

My husband is active duty in the army and travels more than he's home. We FINALLY got the chance to try again and did early this month. I felt different almost immediately; symptoms like feeling gassy, bloated, light cramping. This was about 6 days post-ovulation. I had a good feeling we had conceived. Then at 8 days post-ovulation, I noticed the typical implantation bleeding that's described; light spotting, pink in color with black specks... I thought for sure we did it. That I would have a positive test at the end of the week but still trying not to get my hopes up though given what had happened last year. But by this morning, the bleeding had turned to bright red with mucous (sorry for the gory details) and heavier like a period. It's crushed me. I feel horrible. Like somehow waiting as long as we did is the reason I can't do this. I don't want to be the reason my son grows up without siblings to be my fault.

Everything inside me wants to try again but at the same time I don't know if I can go through this emotional roller coaster again...it's devastating.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Subsequent chemical pregnancies after Mirena and/or anterior lift for cystocele? I am trying to keep it together; as a medical provider I know that the procedures are likely not the cause. I just want someone to tell me it's going to be ok...that I'll be able to carry a pregnancy to term... that there's nothing wrong with ME...

Re: Chemical pregnancy #2; link between having had Mirena and also an anterior lift for cystocele?

• I have no experience in this but I just wanted to say I am very sorry for your losses and welcome to the board. I hope you find the answers you are looking for soon.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards